Newcastle United 2-0 Middlesbrough - 20/12/09 - post match reaction from page 15

Nate

Some Boro fans on another board complaining about chants from our lot linked to the Cleveland sex abuse scandal from the 80's. Why the hell is this still going on in this day and age? Not on at all. :thdn:

Why is still going on in this day and age?  Must be the fumes going to their heads.

Best thing about this afternoon was:

Mark Bright: "Well, you see, Arca is a very good, accomplished passer of the ball."

*two seconds later, Arca turns on the ball, tries to sidefoot the ball, rakes the top with his studs, makes little contact with it and Nolan just takes the ball from him*

Guest firetotheworks

It's been going on for years. Load of fuss over nothing.

Nah I think the boro fans should stop molesting kids tbh.

Guest The_Scoreboard

Just watched the game on the telly, what was going on with pallister's arm pits, he could keep 2 fish alive in there like on the lynx advert :-[

Guest The_Scoreboard

How many of you's actually are old enough to know what this is all about, without using google or Wiki? It's a s**** thing to do and there's no excuse.

Why let facts get in the way of a good old fashioned chant?? :shifty:

Once upon a time we were playing great, beautiful, cavalier attacking football, but managed to lose a 12 point lead at the top of the Premiership.

oh yeah and what was the team that caught us?? :rolleyes:

I can't remember.

:pow:

they're about a million times better than anything in this league, which is why we wont blow it this time :thup:

1. Is your sarcasm detector not working?

2. I don't think we can be quite so laid back about the league just yet.

Best thing about this afternoon was:

Mark Bright: "Well, you see, Arca is a very good, accomplished passer of the ball."

*two seconds later, Arca turns on the ball, tries to sidefoot the ball, rakes the top with his studs, makes little contact with it and Nolan just takes the ball from him*

Bright was an arsehole all afternoon, only positive thing he said was about Ranger.

Irrespective of the level of the opposition,Colo produced a display of defending,I haven't seen from a Newcastle player in many a year.

And I,too,,believe that we haven't seen anything like our best yet,we tend to cruise through all of the games.

Guest The_Scoreboard

Once upon a time we were playing great, beautiful, cavalier attacking football, but managed to lose a 12 point lead at the top of the Premiership.

oh yeah and what was the team that caught us?? :rolleyes:

I can't remember.

:pow:

they're about a million times better than anything in this league, which is why we wont blow it this time :thup:

1. Is your sarcasm detector not working?

2. I don't think we can be quite so laid back about the league just yet.

1. yes - hence the smiley pointy pow thing and lack of a question mark

2. I can - not particularly as champions, but i cant see 2 teams overtaking us.

Butt was crap as usual.  He made a fair few crap passes, it wasn't just the Jonas one.  What about when he decided to give it to our dugout?

Get to f*** man, as Bluf would say.

Credit where credit is due, he certainly wasn't as crap as usual.

Nah Rich, thats what frazzle would call an intelligent football post.

Coming from someone who thinks keeping the ball is more tiring than last ditch defending...

You haven't got a clue.  :mackems:

You're a retard. That discussion was about sticking 10 men behind the ball and sitting back defensively rather than trying to go all out to rack up a goals for tally when the game was won.

You obviously know nowt about the game if you thought Nicky Butt was shit today.

Also, apparently as Newcastle fans were singing ''There's only one Bobby Robson'', Boro fans started singing ''Bobby Robson stinks of s**t''

I'm pretty sure that's bollocks, they only sang 3 times anyway.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Butt was his usual self today. Some useful bits, some woeful bits, many bits where his legs simply can't do what his brain wants to do any more.

His wife pretty much confirmed that in a recent interview with Ginge monthly.