Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Credit to Simpson today, I don't think anyone else in the attacking half showed the same level of desire to get on the ball, although it does mostly come to nothing.

:thup: Given that he was effectively the whole right side for most of the game his workrate and showing for the ball was exemplary tonight as was his job on Kaclinic was top drawer, so much so he got subbed.

Let's hope he does the same at the weekend against Silva, much tougher job though.

He looked good tonight but come on, you need to whip those balls in, not float them to the back post.

Nobody attacked the near post all night so it would have a total waste of time, see Jonas' whipped ball in in the last minute. Not defending his crossing btw, it's shite in the main.

He put in a couple of good ones along with the terrible ones. It was actually not much different to what you see many fullbacks do all over Europe. The problem is our complete lack of movement and and attacking impetus in the box when they come in.

Again, another thing that comes down to what is going on on the training ground.

No complaints for Simpson tonight btw, his best performance in about 18 months.

I admire that he shows for the ball, when everyone knows he's going to do absolutely shit all with it when it arrives. He's not a good player, but he definitely doesn't hide.

:thup: agreeing with you a lot tonight :lol:

If he starts putting crosses in with some actual pace then my attitude towards him would definitely soften.

Guest neesy111

I admire that he shows for the ball, when everyone knows he's going to do absolutely shit all with it when it arrives. He's not a good player, but he definitely doesn't hide.

:thup: agreeing with you a lot tonight :lol:

If he starts putting crosses in with some actual pace then my attitude towards him would definitely soften.

His actual technical ability on the ball is that of a northern league player.

Pisses me off when he ignores Ben Arfa and whips one in himself more than it should. We just don't look like coming close to scoring from balls coming in from the wings at the moment, whipped or otherwise.

I guess he thinks he should take responsibility and try to do something. Admirable attitude even if it would be better if he didn't bother crossing it.

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

When Maicon or Dani Alvez puts in a defensive shift like that, it's a headline stealer! For Simmo, the ink is wet on that new contract at #nufc!

Reply Retweet Favorite

Defensively he has looked solid enough.  It's just that he offers nothing going forward.  It's not even just the woeful standard of his crossing, it's also the way he slows down any attack we have with his ponderous technique and inability to attack space.

:thup: to his defending but he is shit in attack. And sure his defending was sound, but not like he's putting every single winger in his back pocket to make you say "ah nevermind, he's a rock back there." There are other RBs out there who actually could score, put in a decent cross, have some intelligent overlapping.

He's a pretty good defender who isn't THAT good at defending consistently and is poor in attack. He puts in good effort and gets on with the job which I'll always credit him for, but again - there's better out there.

He really tried, he deserves credit for that. Shame about his crossing but he never once hid, always offered himself as an outlet down the right.

Made a mistake which lead to a goal which was a shame. My chief memory of him last night though was putting about 10 crosses in.