Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

We'd struggle to get a million for him tbh.

Nah, I think we could get 2 milion easily, based on the fact he's English, Premiership proven and of a good age.

His contract is up in 5 months man.

Nah, I think we could get 2 milion easily, based on the fact he's English, Premiership proven and of a good age.

Don't know what your point is? We are seemingly paying Toulouse a decent fee to get Sissoko now rather than in the summer, when he can come in for free. All it takes is a Premiership club desperate for a right back with Premiership experience. If it wasn't for his contract situation I think we could have got double that amount, as his stock seems to be pretty high outside of Newcastle city boundaries.

Don't know what your point is? We are seemingly paying Toulouse a decent fee to get Sissoko now rather than in the summer, when he can come in for free. All it takes is a Premiership club desperate for a right back with Premiership experience. If it wasn't for his contract situation I think we could have got double that amount, as his stock seems to be pretty high outside of Newcastle city boundaries.

Sissoko without these contractual issues is worth a small fortune, Danny Simpson isn't. If he does go and we get anywhere near £1m for him we'll have done well. Prepared to be proven wrong though (and be very pleasantly surprised into the bargain).

Anyone think this guy will leave this window? Surely he wouldn't pass a medical anyhoo if he's injured? although I'm unsure how his situation would affect things, sure I've seen players sign whilst injured in the past..

Anyone think this guy will leave this window? Surely he wouldn't pass a medical anyhoo if he's injured? although I'm unsure how his situation would affect things, sure I've seen players sign whilst injured in the past..

You can pass a medical with a broken toe like.

Aye, if a club sniffs a bargain (if i can use that word), then the medical is unlikely to matter.

I'm suprised alot of clubs still use medicals TBH, unless its a big fee. If Dyer can pass a medical multiple times, what difference does it make?

With Haidara in he is 3rd choice behind Santon. But then you have to consider that he is finished here and I've never been impressed with his attitude. Therefore in a right back emergency I would turn to Anita,  Perch,  Ryan Taylor,  Tavernier and Mbiwa before him,  effectively making him 8th choice right back.

With Haidara in he is 3rd choice behind Santon. But then you have to consider that he is finished here and I've never been impressed with his attitude. Therefore in a right back emergency I would turn to Anita,  Perch,  Ryan Taylor,  Tavernier and Mbiwa before him,  effectively making him 8th choice right back.

I'm in the anyone but simpson camp also, can we change thread title to Danny Simpson 8th choice right back

Guest neesy111

Seriously believe he's played his last game for the club could tell Pardew's patience with him was waning before Debuchy came in.

Perch should not be starting over Anita, nor Taylor over Mbiwa.

Heh? :lol:

I think he is referring to my post,  only Perch is not listed ahead of Anita and Mbiwa is only last on the list because I would prefer to keep him at centre half.

Perch should not be starting over Anita, nor Taylor over Mbiwa.

Heh? :lol:

I think he is referring to my post,  only Perch is not listed ahead of Anita and Mbiwa is only last on the list because I would prefer to keep him at centre half.

No was the wrong thread. Sorry had a bit of a mare.

Not sure how to post a picture on here but Simmo tweeted a reply to Wayne Routledge claiming Han Han was the best restaurant in Newcastle to which Simmo replied, "I will miss it lol." Make of this what you will but I just checked and the tweet has been deleted

It hasnt been deleted? He says its because he is off Carbs so wont be going back.