Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Now that we have Debuchy, I can now look at Simpson as a more than capeable back-up, as opposed to a regular that isn't good enough.

:thup:

don't think we'll hang onto him tho....especially if Pardew considered him 'purple' ... :o ... imagine, 2 purples in one position.  We'd go into admin.

No need for these responses really, he's been a good signing overall. Not his fault the club have preferred until now to count their money over improving the first team. Not good enough for where we should want to be, but mostly gave it his all and cost peanuts. I'll be glad he's not in the team but he doesn't deserve vitriol IMO.

This is fair.  As is everyone expressing relief that Danny boy's loft it forward, can't take a throw, can't cross, back off back off BACK THE FUCK OFF defending, panic under any pressure style of football has come to an end.

Now that we have Debuchy, I can now look at Simpson as a more than capeable back-up, as opposed to a regular that isn't good enough.

For someone that thinks that he's better than he actually is, it's pretty unworkable.

I would have no problem with him if he wasn't such an arrogant and deluded twat.

Guest icemanblue

Thing is, he's always given his 100% for us.  It's not his fault he's just mediocre.

I'm not so sure he has. If that's right, he has a heart the size of a pea.

No need for these responses really, he's been a good signing overall. Not his fault the club have preferred until now to count their money over improving the first team. Not good enough for where we should want to be, but mostly gave it his all and cost peanuts. I'll be glad he's not in the team but he doesn't deserve vitriol IMO.

Cant agree more - no need to bash the lad at all. Just not at the required standard for us now.

Excellent post. Served his purpose at some pretty low times for our club, and that should be recognised.

:thup: I despair at a lot of our so called supporters sometimes.

I'm glad that we have probably seen the back of Simpson but considering how much he was signed for and the job he done, we can't complain. He just simply not good enough, if we want to improve.

Basically what Dave said tbh, i hope he stays he's not of the level where we want to be but we are hardly in the position to turn our noses up at decent squad players.

Seems like he's off anyway and if so good luck to him, for all his shortcomings he was still a key part of the team that got us promoted and finished 5th last season.

Doesn't deserve all this IMO.

Might be better if he moves on and gives Tav a place as cover and a more than occasional start.

Tav on loan to a CC club for me. Needs games badly not sitting on the bench, he can do that already.

Might be better if he moves on and gives Tav a place as cover and a more than occasional start.

As i have said before i think if Debuchy ever missed a game you would see Ferguson at LB and Santon at RB.

Tav is lower than that down the pecking order even if Simpson leaves.

From what I've seen I think Tav has more about him than Ferguson does.

Think i'd agree. Ferguson does seems to have a peach of a cross but that's not the 1st attribute you look for in a defender. Tav seems more of an athlete and a bit more natural in his positioning.