Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

danroan: Not quite Odemwingie, but am told Danny Simpson's move to Wigan was all but done last night - he'd packed bags, travelled to the DW...

danroan: but then, at 22.45 Newcastle Utd upped their price, the deal collapsed, so he's had to return north, to sit out last 6 months of contract

Why would we do that, considering we now have to pay him to be on bench for six months and get nothing for him

Doesn't seem likely at all, and I didn't hear anything about it last night on any media.

I think if we decide we will let someone go nowadays it will happen, I don't see any reason why we would suddenly up the price.

Guest Roger Kint

What is up with raising the bid at the last second like that? Horrible.

So now we get nothing for him, even though we're clearly not going to keep him.

Silly behaviour.

Another case of journalist's word is gospel as it makes the club look bad :lol:

Silly behaviour.

This is why it seems odd that we would do it. Why bother?

Exactly, doubt that's the issue here. He probably just missed the contract and signed the table.

Why would he have wanted to go to Wigan now? I would have thought Simpson would be happy to leave in the Summer as a free agent. He'll probably get a signing bonus and slightly more wages by not costing his next club a transfer fee. In the Summer he'll probably have more clubs to choose from and he'll know what division those clubs are playing in.

I'm happy to have him as cover. He is also available to play in the Europa League games. Only one from Debuchy or Yanga-Mbiwa can be registered to play in the Europa League so we may need Simpson.

http://www.nufc.com/2012-13html/toon-de-france.html

Regarding Europa League participation for the new boys, UEFA rules state:

18.18 For all matches from the start of the round of 32, a club may register a maximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in the current competition. Such registration must be completed by 1 February 2013.

18.19 One player from the above quota of three who has been fielded in a UEFA club competition group stage match for another club in the current season may exceptionally be registered, provided that the player has not been fielded: a) in the same competition for another club; or b) for another club that is currently in the same competition.

Debuchy is eligible as he only played in the CL for Lille, if registered as the "one player from the quota"

Gouffran isn't eligible as he played for Bordeaux in the Europa League

Haidara is eligible if registered by NUFC as one of the "three new eligible players"

Sissoko is eligible if registered by NUFC as one of the "three new eligible players"

Yanga-Mbiwa is eligible as he only played in the CL for Montpellier, if registered as the "one player from the quota"

Just noticed he's blocked me on Twitter, had to go back through my timeline to find out why and seems he's got upset cos somebody tweeted something with him tagged in saying "Debuchy took a throw in today and it went to one of our players, imagine that", then I replied saying "Debuchy crossed the ball today and it didn't go in the stand, imagine that"  :lol: The soft cunt  :lol:

What is Danny Simpson's incentive for going to Wigan? I can't imagine him being first choice or sharply increasing his wages. He is probably better off testing the open market.

Closer to home, see Graham joining Sunderland although not quite as bad.

He was in the footage of all the lads training at about 11.30am yesterday. Not sure any of that about him going all the way to wigan is true.

How does the former suggest the latter? He could have easily trained with the team in the morning but gone for the move in the afternoon.

Just noticed he's blocked me on Twitter, had to go back through my timeline to find out why and seems he's got upset cos somebody tweeted something with him tagged in saying "Debuchy took a throw in today and it went to one of our players, imagine that", then I replied saying "Debuchy crossed the ball today and it didn't go in the stand, imagine that"  :lol: The soft c***  :lol:

Haha he blocked me aswel because I said he was a boring fucker for telling people he was having a sunday dinner! To be fair he said why would I be following if I didnt care and blocked me. Was mainly following him hoping for an owen style twitter meltdown when he realises people dont like his attitude and definitaly dont think he is cool.

He was in the footage of all the lads training at about 11.30am yesterday. Not sure any of that about him going all the way to wigan is true.

How does the former suggest the latter? He could have easily trained with the team in the morning but gone for the move in the afternoon.

I know I know just seemed a bit unlikely to me. I suppose it could have been a late bid. Ok ignore me I was being a dick :)

Just noticed he's blocked me on Twitter, had to go back through my timeline to find out why and seems he's got upset cos somebody tweeted something with him tagged in saying "Debuchy took a throw in today and it went to one of our players, imagine that", then I replied saying "Debuchy crossed the ball today and it didn't go in the stand, imagine that"  :lol: The soft cunt  :lol:

I think that was me, someone else has retweeted the throw in one today as well

Edit/ Aye it was me, he's blocked me as well. 

:lol:

Silly behaviour.

Might need him for the Europa League still, depending on who we register out of Debuchy and Mbiwa.

The money would have been next to nowt anyway. Maybe we changed our mind and didn't want to 'help' a relegation rival.

Either way, I'm happy enough. Simpson gets pissed around and hopefully won't be able to get a club in the summer when teams are less desperate.