Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

No need for these responses really, he's been a good signing overall. Not his fault the club have preferred until now to count their money over improving the first team. Not good enough for where we should want to be, but mostly gave it his all and cost peanuts. I'll be glad he's not in the team but he doesn't deserve vitriol IMO.

Excellent post. Served his purpose at some pretty low times for our club, and that should be recognised.

:thup: I despair at a lot of our so called supporters sometimes.

http://theeternalloop.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/your-high-horse.jpg?w=584

Simpson will go in summer if not now. Next club needs to decide if Tav is up to being second pic right back or need to bring in another promising youngster if he's not up to it

Sending Tav out on loan now could save us money buying another one, plus we have Perch.

Thing is, he's always given his 100% for us.  It's not his fault he's just mediocre.

I'm not so sure he has. If that's right, he has a heart the size of a pea.

Same here. His very frequent displays of spinelessness made me hate him, not his huge lack of talent.

I think he's a 4-4-2 rb, in sense he will stay back and expect rw to attack and he waited around admiring his tattoos on the half way line. Him and obertan had a good partnership down the right, Expecting him to bomb on and be like a right wing back just isn't his game and is where he falls (massively) short. Same as Williamson, he's not a cb that can play ball out from the back and when they ask him to it massively exposes their limitations! Back to partnerships their is none in the team and it shows. Last season we had Simeon and obertan for a spell, jonas with santon/taylor, colo and taylor, tiote/cabaye, best/ba - this year we'r losing as individuals and I think injuries are just a part of it.

I think in a well drilled back 4 Simpson will be fine, a spell last season when he performed well and we kept a load of clean sheets was an example of that! We rarely have this and our game has changed so he's no longer the rb we need, no hard feelings and never give him abuse he's one of the players that got us promoted and secure in prem (sort of) playing with knocks along the way.

• 3 weeks later...