Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

He doesn't deserve a place in the squad. Steven Taylor maybe but we have too many players that can play RB ahead of Simpson.

Being part of a defence that has the best defensive record in England, a defence that contains 3 english men, cant see why he doesn't deserve it like.

Because there are half a dozen English players who can play in his position that are far better.

isn't it for friendlies, a well done and a chance to have a closer look at fringe players, jesus wept, it's not like it's a play off.

He isn't a 'fringe' international player, though. He's played well the last 3 games but he just isn't at that level.

He doesn't deserve a place in the squad. Steven Taylor maybe but we have too many players that can play RB ahead of Simpson.

Being part of a defence that has the best defensive record in England, a defence that contains 3 english men, cant see why he doesn't deserve it like.

Because there are half a dozen English players who can play in his position that are far better.

isn't it for friendlies, a well done and a chance to have a closer look at fringe players, jesus wept, it's not like it's a play off.

He isn't a 'fringe' international player, though. He's played well the last 3 games but he just isn't at that level.

Agree here. Ryan Taylor, a player who 99 % of this forum have thought he wouldn't be good enough to play for us not long ago, shouldn't be in the England squad just because of a good start to the season. Next squad if he continues like that, maybe.

Guest bimpy474

:fishing:

I was hoping for a bite, would never had guessed it would have been you  :laugh:

unfortunatly for england at the minute he is just about a fringe player. i'm all left foot, 44 and could stand to lose a stone or two, i'm 6th on the list.

Still at fault for their goal. Sooner he is replaced the better.

He was better at rightback yesterday than Ryan Taylor was at leftback.  Ryan Taylor scored a very good goal and deserves praise for that but it doesn't make him a better defender.

Still at fault for their goal. Sooner he is replaced the better.

He was better at rightback yesterday than Ryan Taylor was at leftback.  Ryan Taylor scored a very good goal and deserves praise for that but it doesn't make him a better defender.

A full-back's responsibilities go further than defensive work.

Of course they do and on that note, well done to Simpson for forcing the first goal and also some very good balls into the Everton box, as well as defending down our left side at one point.

Of course they do and on that note, well done to Simpson for forcing the first goal and also some very good balls into the Everton box, as well as defending down our left side at one point.

And I acknowledged that yesterday. It's still a big dificiency in Simpson's game that will preclude him from the next level. Neither full-back is good enough if we want to finish in the top 6, in my view.

And I acknowledged that yesterday. It's still a big dificiency in Simpson's game that will preclude him from the next level. Neither full-back is good enough if we want to finish in the top 6, in my view.

I agree that they are possibly not good enough individually, they are both currently part of a good defence though.  Simpson should still improve now that his distractions seem to be a thing of the past.

Guest bimpy474

Saha should have scored because of Simpson playing him onside whilst the rest of defence pushed out.

Cant agree with this mate, Saylor stepped up, that is a sin in football.......hate seeing it on a Sunday park let alone by professionals, Saylor step up without knowing where Simpson was, you just dont step up if you have no idea where your right back is.

Had 2 best games of season by far in last 2 games but then tweets some rubbish about him maybe being called up to English squad, why does he not just get his head down and try and play a good dozen games in a row for us before saying anything, or just not say anything at all and just wait and see.

Guest Rey Mysterio

All he said was he'd be honoured to represent his country ffs.

dannysimpson12 Danny Simpson

Its being spoken about that I may be called up for The England Squad,

All he said was he'd be honoured to represent his country ffs.

dannysimpson12 Danny Simpson

Its being spoken about that I may be called up for The England Squad,

...b such an Honour to represent my country.