Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

If only the Twitterati and the messageboard maniacs did their research before plunging the knife into players from their bedrooms.

:lol: That award really hurt Lee like

Some Toon fans have begged him to sign a new contract, while one Twitter troll warned him he would be “shot” if he didn’t leave Tyneside this summer.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/04/05/stats-show-danny-simpson-is-league-s-top-right-back-72703-30698212/#ixzz1r9xzOM1a

WTF?

I see that Lee Ryder has again demonstrated his excellent journalistic skills.

Are you for real? Is that really your opinion? You mean because hes a model pro  he doesnt deserve stick? Oh, my bad then lets recall Alan Smith from that loan at Mk Dons, should be starting for us.

It was more aimed at the moron who threatened to shoot him, I didn't have time to elaborate when using my phone. 

Simpson isn’t beyond criticism, just like most of our players at times.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

On the plus I think his fitness levels are good and he has a little bit of pace about him, no cheetah, but still ok. When he does hit good form he keeps it going for a good few games too but on the negetive I think he could respond to danger better and his passing, crossing, etc could be upped imo too. he could also do with a bit more strength. But hey that's just my take.

The stick he gets reflects on those dishing it out as much as it reflects on him. He's not as bad as some people say and he's a model pro.

He's the model pro until he ventures on to Twitter. Wish he'd just leave the thing alone, he's clearly not capable of expressing himself in words.

But yeah, he gets way too much stick. He's a steady but unspectacular player. Though if we can upgrade/sign a proper left back, great.

The stick he gets reflects on those dishing it out as much as it reflects on him. He's not as bad as some people say and he's a model pro.

Don't agree with the second bit, he behaved like a spoiled child on the one occasion he was substituted this season to give our new young fullback ten minutes on the right.

he's an average fullback but he doesnt seem to learn and develop. Fergie pulled him off (fnar fnar) at half time on his manu debut for backing off which led to conceding a goal.

Guest firetotheworks

Tbf, if he started going shoulder to shoulder with players like he did for a while last season, instead of backing off, I wouldn't have that much of a problem with him really. He has his limits, but then it seems that pretty much every right back does. It's always been a position that's provided very few amazing players over the years imo.

The sort of full back who'd do well in a 4-3-3 tbf

Danny Simpson, the marauding fullback who never stops running, whipping in crosses and essentially running the entire wing singlehandedly.

And is that what you want him to do behind HBA while HBA tracks back to cover him while he goes up the pitch? Get a brain. Exactly the reason he'd do well for us in this role is because he doesn't have to do that, even though as a RB he has run more miles than any other RB in the league this season.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-exclusive-Danny-Simpson-interview-on-being-only-Newcastle-ever-present-this-season-Pardew-Cisse-brilliant-team-spirit-and-more-article886977.html#.T36wi5mIYTg.twitter

Simpson has experienced personal lows, like being forced to close his Twitter account by online abuse he received after last month's loss to Arsenal.

He took a throw in high up the pitch in the fourth minute of injury time, the Gunners won the ball back and went on to grab the winner.

“I am off it at the moment," confirmed Simpson. "It was hurting and that was why I came off it. Especially the Arsenal game.

"You should have seen the dressing room - it was like we had lost a cup final. I was sick. Gutted. Then you get on the coach, you have a long journey back and you turn the phone on and you sit there reading all that stuff.

"It hurts.

“We are only human at the end of the day. You just do your best.

"I read some of the stuff and thought, 'I have had enough."

"Supporters" in the truest sense.

You do sense that when rating any of our players Felipao91 thinks of some brazilian legend in the same position and judges from there :lol:

Simpson has his obvious limitations but he is a decent enough player imo, have never understood players getting stick for being a bit overconfident in their ability either.

You do sense that when rating any of our players Felipao91 thinks of some brazilian legend in the same position and judges from there :lol:

Simpson has his obvious limitations but he is a decent enough player imo, have never understood players getting stick for being a bit overconfident in their ability either.

Because it comes across cocky as fuck maybe?

I see Simpson failed to mention himself using Twitter to throw abuse at fellow professionals such as Dzeko and Rafael.

This. Besides, if you can't stand criticism from fans than you have no place being on twitter as a professional footballer.

So? ???

just to play devil's advocate for a second, look at all the players with seemingly quite humble attitudes, the likes of Colo, Raylor, Krul, Tiote, Ba? All have arguably improved while here, I do wonder whether Simpson might have improved a bit too if he didn't think he was the muts nuts. Feel free to give it the biggun if you back it up on the pitch, not if you're a rank average player with no competition forcing you to work for your place who regularly costs the team chances and goals.

I see Simpson failed to mention himself using Twitter to throw abuse at fellow professionals such as Dzeko and Rafael.

This. Besides, if you can't stand criticism from fans than you have no place being on twitter as a professional footballer.

either that or just don't mention football on twitter?

So? ???

just to play devil's advocate for a second, look at all the players with seemingly quite humble attitudes, the likes of Colo, Raylor, Krul, Tiote, Ba? All have arguably improved while here, I do wonder whether Simpson might have improved a bit too if he didn't think he was the muts nuts. Feel free to give it the biggun if you back it up on the pitch, not if you're a rank average player with no competition forcing you to work for your place who regularly costs the team chances and goals.

Fair points :thup: