Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

:thup:

He has played almost every minute of the season, and we're sitting in fifth with five games to go. If he was as bad as some have made him out to be on here, that would simply not be possible.

Agree with that like - we've conceded 1 goal in 5 games (and that was a cockup between Krul and Williamson) - that simply doesn't happen if your right back is shite.

He's a decent enough squad player, but is probably next on the list to be pushed from the first team.

Whatever happens in the summer, he's given us three years good service.

Talent wise, he's obviously limited but the criticism he often gets is over the top.

:thup:

I'd rather seem him stay than leave, but as a squad player rather than a first teamer

He's clearly done alright as we are 5th, but problem is he's by far our weakest link on our starting eleven and there's absolutely 0% chance of him accepting to be a back up/squad player with England in his mind. So thanks for the service and we sell him on profit.

Such a shocking player man.

Just the latest target of the "boo-boys"

Formerly Williamson and before that Perch.

Always has to be someone, eh, lads.

We need a bigger squad next year and he should be part of it. If we manage to get into the Europa or better we will need the likes of Simpson, Williamson, Perch, Guthrie.

This post reeks of wrong. There's nothing 'latest' about the criticism Simpson gets, they're long running problems. We do need a bigger squad next year and I think most would be happy for him to be part of it, Simpson's problem is very obviously that he overrates himself and as such it seems he's asking for top 6 first 11 wages, which he's just not worth. His value will be at a high this summer and provided we're bringing a left back in he should be moved on.

This post reeks of wrong. There's nothing 'latest' about the criticism Simpson gets, they're long running problems. We do need a bigger squad next year and I think most would be happy for him to be part of it, Simpson's problem is very obviously that he overrates himself and as such it seems he's asking for top 6 first 11 wages, which he's just not worth. His value will be at a high this summer and provided we're bringing a left back in he should be moved on.

I thought that the problem with Simpson not signing a contract was because of the method of payment rather than the wages on offer.

Can't knock his last few performances other than his delivery into the box, which continues to be utterly dire. He never ceases to amaze me with how poor it is under absolutely no pressure.  As I say though, he has played well apart from that.

It's shite in that crossing warm they do n all. All four of them that do it put it abysmal crosses.

Simpson will go on to be the modern day Aaron Hughes, deemed 'cack, crap, woeful' here then will end up at a club like Fulham years after we flog him for a minimal fee to be rebranded as a good player who we never should have sold.

Hughes was a solid enough, well-rounded footballer for a defender. Simpson isn't.

Simpson will go on to be the modern day Aaron Hughes, deemed 'cack, crap, woeful' here then will end up at a club like Fulham years after we flog him for a minimal fee to be rebranded as a good player who we never should have sold.

Hughes was a solid enough, well-rounded footballer for a defender. Simpson isn't.

And if I'm not mistaken, his last season for us (or one of), yielded some impressive assist stats. Got 6 or 7, maybe more, from fullback.

Guest optimistic nit

yet he has made 6 goal line clearences this season, which is essentially a plus 6 to our goal difference. That is probably at least 5 points in the bag, probably more, which we wouldn't have now. didn't see the arsenal game, but have seen nothing in Simpsons performances to suggest he is deserving of the level of criticism he gets on here. would still like a full back in the summer, but i'm confident with simpson at rb.

Such a shocking player man.

Just the latest target of the "boo-boys"

Formerly Williamson and before that Perch.

Always has to be someone, eh, lads.

We need a bigger squad next year and he should be part of it. If we manage to get into the Europa or better we will need the likes of Simpson, Williamson, Perch, Guthrie.

The opinion of Simpson has swung wildly TBF. It wasn't too long ago we were saying how much he had improved on the player we'd signed.

I don't think he's brilliant but he's good enough to be part of our squad. Ideally not first choice every week, but still.

Guest Phil K

I don't think he's brilliant but he's good enough to be part of our squad. Ideally not first choice every week, but still.

What you often see is Simpson being blamed for something that was the fault of another player.

Not a fan of his, but all teams have a scapegoat. Think sometimes Danny has been given that role here.

Meh if its not simpson it is Williamson. No surprise the hatred has been intensified since obertans disappearance also.

Simpson has the problem of being automatic first choice t RB, desperately needs some solid competition tbh. It is true he was one of our most improved players two years ago. I think he has regressed since though. Needs to up his game to stay IMO.

What you often see is Simpson being blamed for something that was the fault of another player.

Not a fan of his, but all teams have a scapegoat. Think sometimes Danny has been given that role here.

I can't say I have ever come across such an occurrence.

he's a good defender,  best solid right back we got right now, like it or not.  the boy's problem is not defending its when he passes the halfway line, he will more often resort to hoofing it into the opposition's penalty box because he's afraid he if he tries to pass, he may loss it and suffer a counter attack and get raped.

he has no composure on the ball, even under no pressure he looks uncomfortable passing the ball on the ground longer than 8 yards.  same goes for Willo, can be good at defending but severely lacking with the ball, possibly even worse than simpson on the ball.

It's not about the competition, sure, it's good to have competition! But competition wont make him a better footballer technically, just can't handle a ball well enough.

Competition is not going to make him a better footballer technically but it will force him to actually try harder to work on his game and become a better footballer. He has been in the comfort zone and I think he has taken his foot off the learning pedal because of it.

It's not about the competition, sure, it's good to have competition! But competition wont make him a better footballer technically, just can't handle a ball well enough.

Competition is not going to make him a better footballer technically but it will force him to actually try harder to work on his game and become a better footballer. He has been in the comfort zone and I think he has taken his foot off the learning pedal because of it.

What do you base this on? That he's not trying hard to become a better player? Just wondering.

Guest gasusoca

Mate

Simpson is shit. Even his teamates openly talk about him being the weak link

. Notice how they all drift over to help him defend so he looks ok and then never pass him the ball in a forward position so he looks ok again !!!

Mate

Simpson is s***. Even his teamates openly talk about him being the weak link

. Notice how they all drift over to help him defend so he looks ok and then never pass him the ball in a forward position so he looks ok again !!!

Didnt we pay something like £500k for Simpson?