Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

After seeing first-hand Thomas torturing him for 90 mins on Monday, I can't honestly say I'm too excited by this. As others have said, if he's going to crumble against Jerome Thomas then we'll have to prepare ourselves for far better players to target him next year.  :undecided:

Very low-risk. Very low ambition. Very 'safe' transfer. :neutral:

I'm satisfied with his signing,as many others have said,he'll have to improve if/when we're promoted.

and will be decent back up for basically fuck all and a low wage. We are in the championship at the moment with a tight as a nuns twat owner, we weren't going to get much better.

I'm satisfied with his signing,as many others have said,he'll have to improve if/when we're promoted.

and will be decent back up for basically fuck all and a low wage. We are in the championship at the moment with a tight as a nuns twat owner, we weren't going to get much better.

Sums the the situation up perfectly.

I think most are in agreement about Simpson's ability, he's a decent right back who will help us to promotion but huge question marks over his future potential.

From my point of view it's about squad building, he's a good young lad who works well with our other defenders, so he represents a sensible signing. However, i'd suggest should we get promoted that we should look for someone better, preferably with more experiance.

I voted yes.

Sums the the situation up perfectly.

Yep...totally agree,and at least he has potential and isn't a journeyman on his last legs.

Simpson's fell on his feet a bit with that deal. Still, young squad player on the cheap - you don't get many solid full-backs for that price so lets hope he proves to be a good signing.

That's one of the things that concerns me tbh.

Decent enough signing based on his performances over the season, there's been a worrying decline over the last month or so though and he was very poor on Monday.

£500k is ok though, we needed a full time RB and we need to spend as much as we can muster on stopping every team in the league walking through the middle of the park unchallenged for at least 10 minutes a game.