Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

all the play kept going through him first half which hurt us and santon was getting really frustrated at not getting the ball.

I know it'll really upset Mole but Santon consistently looks fantastic when he drives at the full back but is then consistently unable to deliver a final ball, either because his left is a swinger or because he cuts inside, is reluctant to shoot and ends up easily crowded out.

I want Debuchy too but I'd also take a left back instead so we could switch him over.

all the play kept going through him first half which hurt us and santon was getting really frustrated at not getting the ball.

I know it'll really upset Mole but Santon consistently looks fantastic when he drives at the full back but is then consistently unable to deliver a final ball, either because his left is a swinger or because he cuts inside, is reluctant to shoot and ends up easily crowded out.

I want Debuchy too but I'd also take a left back instead so we could switch him over.

I wouldn't be too disappointed to see Raylor left back and Santon RB against Villa if we didn't sign anyone of course.

Fucking sign someone ya bastards.

I agree. Santon's becoming a bit easy to read. I'd love a decent LB so we could switch this over to the right.

Why would it upset me? it's an opinion and for what its worth i think your right i just think he's still very good there and we should be getting the best fullback available to us.

If that's a LB then switch him over and if it's a RB then leave him there i still think Santon would be great for us no matter if it's RB or LB.

Things like this don't upset me, in fact nothing on here does i might disagree with some opinions and state why but upset nah.

Also i thought Simpson was very good today.

If I see Simpson get the ball in the opposition half in acres of space, proceed to shuffle along until both the opposition full back and winger have had time to close him down and then put in one of his floaty crosses...

If I see Simpson get the ball in the opposition half in acres of space, proceed to shuffle along until both the opposition full back and winger have had time to close him down and then put in one of his floaty crosses...

He reminds me of Stephen Carr, that motherfucker used to always cross from the halfway line.

The floaty cross, like the one Ba scored from last week?

Only because Kyle Walker fucked up, it should be easy enough to defend against.

Only because Kyle Walker f***ed up, it should be easy enough to defend against.

Maybe the ball wasn't as easy to defend against as you think.

Never easy to defend against a ball that travels like a balloon.

His crossing is terrible.  One cross that indirectly leads to a goal isn't going to change my mind on that one.

It's the inability to actually attack his opposite full back with any kind of pace or guile that more annoys me.  Just slows down the attack so much.

It's so important that we upgrade on Simpson, whether that means moving Santon across and buying a left back, or buying a right back. Having two full-backs who are comfortable on the ball would be incredible.

His crossing is terrible.  One cross that indirectly leads to a goal isn't going to change my mind on that one.

It's the inability to actually attack his opposite full back with any kind of pace or guile that more annoys me.  Just slows down the attack so much.

He does have his limitations, with a bit of luck we'll sort that out this week.

I think he probably saw Cabaye's set pieces were poor so gave us a different option.

I also like his attacking instinct when he takes off Santon for Marveaux and drops Jonas to full back. I'd never start that way but it's an attacking move when chasing a game.

Tbh. I don´t think taking Santon off and to put Jonas as LB needs to make us more offensive. General I would say that Santon is a more offensive threat than Jonas.

But in this game I think I can agree. Santon hasn´t hit last seasons form yet (as many others hasn´t...).

Maybe more down to Jonas' natural fitness to keep carrying the ball for 90 minutes then?

As I said. I got nothing against the sub this weekend. Was just saying that in this case it doesn´t necessary is a more offensive sub to take out the LB.

It´s not like taking out Simpson for Marv or anything :lol:

QuaysideKelly @quaysidekelly

@Lee Ryder

Hi mate. Twitterazzi are getting stuck into Simmo again!

Reply Retweet Favorite

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

@QuaysideKelly

Sad isn't it. One of #nufc's most reliable performers, and media friendly too.

Reply Retweet Favorite

QuaysideKelly @quaysidekelly

@Lee Ryder

And what was your match rating for Simmo, on the weekend.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

@QuaysideKelly

Normally i'd just pencil in a 7 or 8 for Mr Reliable, anf leave it at that. Had on off day against #cfc. A 6 rating.

Reply Retweet Favorite