Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Guest BooBoo

The stick Simpson gets is way over the top imo. He's a dependable if uninspiring fullback who was a mainstay of the team that got 5th. He often plays behind Ben Arfa who isn't great defensively (nor should he be expected to be) or Obertan who is just Ultra-crap.

We need at least 1 centre half before we look at other positions.

Sensible.

Considering Simpson's contract is up in the summer id argue getting a fullback in is just as important as a CB tbh.

Both are very important mind.

1. MAPOU (should've pulled the trigger on this kid over the summer, I'm afraid he's gonna move to a bigger club come January)

2. Quality left back. Move Santon to right.

The stick Simpson gets is way over the top imo. He's a dependable if uninspiring fullback who was a mainstay of the team that got 5th. He often plays behind Ben Arfa who isn't great defensively (nor should he be expected to be) or Obertan who is just Ultra-crap.

We need at least 1 centre half before we look at other positions.

Sensible.

Considering Simpson's contract is up in the summer id argue getting a fullback in is just as important as a CB tbh.

Both are very important mind.

1. MAPOU (should've pulled the trigger on this kid over the summer, I'm afraid he's gonna move to a bigger club come January)

2. Quality left back. Move Santon to right.

Would love Mbiwa but it's not going to happen now, as for the LB thing i have said this before but and i would be concerned of the amount of actual quality LB's available.

I think that's the reason we looked at RB's because there's more quality RB's available.

We will see if anything actually happens.

Simpson seems to be the current whipping boy. Was it worth swapping half of the defence v Man U to accomodate him on the bench.

Fergie looks like he's going to be a decent player but to play/start his first Premiership game V Man U and moving Santon to right back looked a foolish move before a ball was kicked. Especially as Willo and Perch looked weak.

Simpson isn't a world beater but he'd have been a better option than the choice Pardew made. Of course he might not have been fully fit and on the bench in case a 'last resort' scenario arose.

Guest hydeous

Wasn't Mbiwa suspended for 7 games or something for assaulting someone on the pitch recently? Or am I confusing him for someone else?

Guest bimpy474

I don't think Simpson was fully fit for the Man Utd game in all honesty.

Played 80 mins against Bordeaux though didn't he. Maybe it was too much to play him again 2 days later.

• 3 weeks later...

Pardew ought to have the balls to drop players like Simpson and Jonas when out of form/shit. I honestly don't think Fergie would look out of place in side at LB (shifting Santon to RB), certainly no worse than this guy. The kid needs to learn, we need to improve.

Pardew ought to have the balls to drop players like Simpson and Jonas when out of form/shit. I honestly don't think Fergie would look out of place in side at LB (shifting Santon to RB), certainly no worse than this guy. The kid needs to learn, we need to improve.

I think subbing him today will have sent a big message. Wouldn't be surprised to see your selection against Liverpool.

Guest palnese

Just play Tavernier or Anita from now on please.

Don't think I've seen a footballer looking more lost with the ball in the oppositions half. Even Mike fucking Williamson looks more comfortable when he's picked up a lose ball from a cross.

Is that the same Shane Ferguson who got absolutely roasted in his last performance at LB in the league?

Douglas/Mbiwa, Debuchy. The same 3 fuckers I was hoping were done and dusted earlier in the summer.

Will be the difference between pushing for 4th and what we'll end up with, which is about 10th.

Is that the same Shane Ferguson who got absolutely roasted in his last performance at LB in the league?

Yes. The principal difference being that Ferguson is learning. The kid needs to be given an opportunity and, frankly, a few shitty performances are to be expected given his lack of experience. I for one would tolerate that, especially given the potential he's already shown, over a guy who fails to offer anything going forward and very little in the way of further improvement.

The goal was offside, and also, who was picking up Lukaku after he very calmly walked across our backline and into a goalscoring position? Both Colo and Santon (who had his hand up for off-side as soon as Lukaku walked over, to be fair) should've been tighter and closer to him. I understand Simpson's done this time and time again, but we don't have better alternatives right now, we didn't sign Debuchy, so kicking him to the curb or putting his confidence down isn't he best way forward for us, short-term.

Only managed to watch the first half and what struck me was that him and Shola down the right was an abomination of 'foward' passing. Lost count of the amount of times they'd pass it between the two of  them in the final third, then Simpson would just hump it back to Colo/Krul.

The goal was offside, and also, who was picking up Lukaku after he very calmly walked across our backline and into a goalscoring position? Both Colo and Santon (who had his hand up for off-side as soon as Lukaku walked over, to be fair) should've been tighter and closer to him. I understand Simpson's done this time and time again, but we don't have better alternatives right now, we didn't sign Debuchy, so kicking him to the curb or putting his confidence down isn't he best way forward for us, short-term.

Eh? It wasn't offside. Shola played him on.