Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Guest Howaythetoon

He was good today again I thought, for Simpson at least.

Still cannot forgive him for their third though. Just looked like he couldn't be arsed to track the run.

He was good today and I wouldn't be too harsh on him for the 3rd, he literally had two men near him and he got caught in two minds which one to stick with. We know he made the wrong choice but given the situation and timing, he had to make a choice. Sadly it was the wrong one. He's actually been half decent all season for my money.

Still cannot forgive him for their third though. Just looked like he couldn't be arsed to track the run.

He was good today and I wouldn't be too harsh on him for the 3rd, he literally had two men near him and he got caught in two minds which one to stick with. We know he made the wrong choice but given the situation and timing, he had to make a choice. Sadly it was the wrong one. He's actually been half decent all season for my money.

He's looked good defensively but it's his ability with the ball at his feet which is just torture to watch.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's looked good defensively but it's his ability with the ball at his feet which is just torture to watch.

I know, he was attacking their full-back at one point during the game and tried to knock the ball past him, it nearly went out for a goal-kick, he kicked it that hard. Appalling technique really.

If he has the ball at his feet, do one of 4 things without fail a) blast it forward b) pass backwards if possible c) blast it forward through an opposition player pressuring him d) attempt a cross if anywhere beyond halfway. He has to get rid using of those and it completely negates the attack. It was a good effort by his limited standards but as with Willo, they get shown up at this level. Get some ambition ffs.

He was shite. It's not being too harsh on him for the third goal as his 'defending' was absolutely abysmal. If we'd just paid a bit more for Debuchy we wouldn't have him as an issue, but we do and it is costing us.

Booed him when he went off today. Entirely deserved imo. He's such a pathetic excuse for a player and a man. I don't understand why people go on about him having a good game for 'his standards'! So people are still implying that he's out of his depth and looks woeful against the rest of our team? He should be dropped for his performance today which was appalling even 'for his standards'. Stop worrying about your tiny balls- going off performances- and stop the bloody cross from coming in you twat.

And all his pointing and moaning is utterly, utterly embarrassing, he cant wait to shift the blame onto the nearest person next to him. In a decent footballing country this guy wouldn't get anywhere near the top level such is his inept technique and general attitude- how he made it through the Man Utd Academy is frankly worrying when concerning English football.

Get rid in January so we never have to suffer from his disgraceful ability and arrogance.

Booed him when he went off today. Entirely deserved imo. He's such a pathetic excuse for a player and a man. I don't understand why people go on about him having a good game for 'his standards'! So people are still implying that he's out of his depth and looks woeful against the rest of our team? He should be dropped for his performance today which was appalling even 'for his standards'. Stop worrying about your tiny balls- going off performances- and stop the bloody cross from coming in you twat.

And all his pointing and moaning is utterly, utterly embarrassing, he cant wait to shift the blame onto the nearest person next to him. In a decent footballing country this guy wouldn't get anywhere near the top level such is his inept technique and general attitude- how he made it through the Man Utd Academy is frankly worrying when concerning English football.

Get rid in January so we never have to suffer from his disgraceful ability and arrogance.

Find it hard to disagree.

This is where saving a million or two on the Debuchy deal is ridiculous. Every position in the league is worth half a million. And relegation costs us 50m.

Drop him for who?

I'd quite like to see Santon at right back and Fergie at left back.

I know Fergie is raw but he's never let us down at left back (Man U away, Chelsea away in the cup to name a few) and while he does have flaws defensively, he obviously offers far more going forward.

I can only imagine what Santon or Fergie could have done with the space afforded to Simpson in the last 2 games.

Drop him for who?

I'd quite like to see Santon at right back and Fergie at left back.

I know Fergie is raw but he's never let us down at left back (Man U away, Chelsea away in the cup to name a few) and while he does have flaws defensively, he obviously offers far more going forward.

I can only imagine what Santon or Fergie could have done with the space afforded to Simpson in the last 2 games.

That would be my choice too, however I don't think there's any way Pardew will go for it. Given how good Santon is pushing forward, it's astonishing that he never ever creates a chance and that is entirely to do with being on his wrong foot.

Pardew has actually tried that once, against Man United, in preparation to say "look, didn't work!", which I thought was unbelievable cowardice.

Not paying an extra few million for Debuchy was absolutely criminal. Because of this, our team is still completely lop-sided and vulnerable down the right hand side. We have an extra player who doesn't want the ball, cant use the ball and is avoided given the ball. We are crying out for competence at RB.

He can't even receive the ball and play forward. This is basic, basic footballing ability- receiving the ball with an open body position to play forward. But because he cant, he passes it back to Krul or if we're lucky sideways. He kills any moment or opportunity to attack that we get. He could perhaps be forgiven for this if he could defend but as we all know...he can't.

Fergie would prolly be long term my choice for LB with Santon going right but he's still a bit naive, think he needs to play on the wing or behind a good defensive winger before we risk him as first choice lb

Agreed but against a rotten side like QPR I think it's a risk we have to take.

It was infuriating today how many times we had the ball in really good wide positions only for Simpson to waste it with aimless crosses that were either cut out by the first man or ended up hitting empty space.

His booking was a joke mind his first tacjle and straight in the book.... Not a fan of Danny at all, he can do some good defending but its never a good performance for an entire match. Not sure if its boredom or just him switching off but whatever it is he needs to sort himself out.

Guest Rey Mysterio

His booking was a joke mind his first tacjle and straight in the book....

It was the clearest booking you'll ever see. Coming from behind and kicking someone in the back of the knee when they have the ball at their feet is basically asking the ref for a yellow card.

Someone should show him a tape of Zabaleta's performance today. Then he can at least attempt to defend properly even if he has got the ability of a 12 year old on the ball.

His booking was a joke mind his first tacjle and straight in the book.... Not a fan of Danny at all, he can do some good defending but its never a good performance for an entire match. Not sure if its boredom or just him switching off but whatever it is he needs to sort himself out.

It was one of the few decisions Marriner got right. Silva had turned him and he wiped him out from behind, booking all day long.