Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

I'd rather we played Anita in midfield. He was pants last time he played full back. Perch would be a better option for RB if it means Anita playing in midfield imo.

When was Anita pants when he played at fullback?

Liverpool wasnt it? Before Perchinho got injured

Yep. Danny Simpson came after a short while in that match and Anita went to midfield. We were much better for it as Sterling was destroying Anita.

Exactly. I'd rather we try and limp through with Perch there till the new lad turns up.

Perch is an accident waiting to happen at rightback and Pardew thinks we missed him in midfield against Arsenal.

This.

Santon RB and Fergie LB. Perch in midfield.

Exactly. I'd rather we try and limp through with Perch there till the new lad turns up.

Perch is an accident waiting to happen at rightback and Pardew thinks we missed him in midfield against Arsenal.

This.

Perch on the bench more like.

This.

no chance

This.

no chance

You'd have him in midfield ahead of Anita, Tiote, Marveaux?

I'd even prefer Bigi in midfield ahead of him.

I like Perch, the way he has turned things around here and become a likeable character is a credit to him but lets not get carried away, he can look relatively tidy at times and can play a simple pass but he isn't good enough at this level. He's a Championship player that is useful to have in our squad to his versatility and commitment.

Guest firetotheworks

This.

no chance

You'd have him in midfield ahead of Anita, Tiote, Marveaux?

I'd even prefer Bigi in midfield ahead of him.

I like Perch, the way he has turned things around here and become a likeable character is a credit to him but lets not get carried away, he can look relatively tidy at times and can play a simple pass but he isn't good enough at this level. He's a Championship player that is useful to have in our squad to his versatility and commitment.

He's easily a back-up premier league player imo. I think that's a bit insulting to call him a championship player tbh. Don't you remember how shit the quality was?

No need for these responses really, he's been a good signing overall. Not his fault the club have preferred until now to count their money over improving the first team. Not good enough for where we should want to be, but mostly gave it his all and cost peanuts. I'll be glad he's not in the team but he doesn't deserve vitriol IMO.

FUCK OFF YOU UTTER CUNT, THANKS FOR NOTHING* YOU GREEDY INCONSIDERATE BELLWIPE. MAY THERE BE A POX ON YOUR SOUL FOR ETERNITY. YOU HELD US BACK FOREVER!!!!1

*aside from helping us getting back promoted, consolidating, and getting in to Europe & generally being a consummate professional

Guest firetotheworks

Now that we have Debuchy, I can now look at Simpson as a more than capeable back-up, as opposed to a regular that isn't good enough.

No need for these responses really, he's been a good signing overall. Not his fault the club have preferred until now to count their money over improving the first team. Not good enough for where we should want to be, but mostly gave it his all and cost peanuts. I'll be glad he's not in the team but he doesn't deserve vitriol IMO.

Excellent post. Served his purpose at some pretty low times for our club, and that should be recognised.

Any thanks I left had for Danny Simpson disappeared when he stood prone in the box for 5 seconds whilst Lukas Podolski walked past him when the rest of the team were desperately throwing themselves in front of the ball. His mediocrity is fine, when he shows desire. That was pathetic and he's officially in my bad books.