Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Sim City: More Character And Resilience

By Danny Simpson

Saturday was probably a point gained because Bolton are a tough team, but I think if certain decisions went our way and we had a bit more luck then we would have won the game.

We maybe should have put it to bed by half-time and Besty had a good shout for a penalty. There were a few more chances, but it was just one of those days.

When you're only one up then a side like Bolton are always going to be in it. You need a second goal to kill them a bit.

Theirs was a snap-shot from Sturridge, a great strike, and from there it can go either way.

But overall, with going down to ten men in the second half and the way we had to dig in, it was probably a good point for us.

Our character and determination seems to be a good basis for us at the moment. We are hard to beat and teams know that know.

Maybe at the start of the season people just thought they could turn up and get a win here, but not now. We've got a great mentality, a great team, we all get on well with each other and you can see that on the pitch.

You obviously want to win games, but in this league it is essential that you don't lose matches, especially with the way the division is at the moment. You don't want to give teams those three points because it is so tight.

At the end of last week both Cheick Tiote and John Carver signed new long-term contracts at the club. I wouldn't mind one of those if they keep handing out deals like that!

It's the first time in my career that I've worked with John, but he's a top man, is so enthusiastic, and when we need a little kick up the backside he gives us that.

We've got respect for him, he's got great knowledge of the game and the club, having been here before with Sir Bobby. So he's been a great addition to the staff and it seems to be working well.

It's massive for the lads and for the fans to see Cheick sign his new deal - it's a good sign that the club want to keep going in the right direction.

Everyone's heard the rumours about him maybe getting picked up, but it's nice that the club want to keep their best players and make a big statement like that.

Cheick's been top class - probably one of the buys of the season - and that's not just his football, because he's a top lad off the pitch too

With only ten games to go and the end of the season in sight, we've got to start treating every game as a cup final.

Every match will be tough and there will be no easy ones. Everton are next up, and they had a good win at the weekend and will be coming here full of confidence.

But we've had some good results of our own over the last three or four games and will hope to have a good week on the training pitch and then kick on against them.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/News/Blogs/DannySimpson/0,,10278~2304261,00.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/03/20/trio-chase-united-defender-danny-simpson-79310-28368577/

Trio chase United defender Danny Simpson

Mar 20 2011 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

NEWCASTLE United defender Danny Simpson is being tracked by Birmingham, Blackburn and Celtic.

The right-back’s impressive form since returning from a serious ankle injury has helped answer critics who doubted his Premier League pedigree – and they have not gone unnoticed around the country.

Carling Cup winners Birmingham are searching for a replacement for veteran Stephen Carr and are looking at Simpson, while former club Blackburn are also monitoring his availability.

SPL leaders Celtic, who have Alan Thompson among their coaching staff, are another potential suitor.

Simpson, however, is happy and settled at United and hopes to open talks over a new contract in the summer.

He signed a three-and-a-half year deal in January 2010 and will hope to join Mike Williamson, Nile Ranger and Cheick Tiote in penning a new contract.

Wonder how much we'd make on him? :celb:

Guest toonlass

Why would we want to sell him to those clubs? Plus he loves it up here. Nothing story to fill empty columns.

Guest toonlass

Why would we want to sell him to those clubs? Plus he loves it up here. Nothing story to fill empty columns.

Profit  :sadnod:

No quotes or anything to back it up. Pure speculation.

Didnt mean that article just Ashley in general

Guest toonlass

Didnt mean that article just Ashley in general

Ah. Sorry. Don't think it will happen tbh. Not unless stupid money is offered.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/03/20/trio-chase-united-defender-danny-simpson-79310-28368577/

Trio chase United defender Danny Simpson

Mar 20 2011 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

NEWCASTLE United defender Danny Simpson is being tracked by Birmingham, Blackburn and Celtic.

The right-back’s impressive form since returning from a serious ankle injury has helped answer critics who doubted his Premier League pedigree – and they have not gone unnoticed around the country.

Carling Cup winners Birmingham are searching for a replacement for veteran Stephen Carr and are looking at Simpson, while former club Blackburn are also monitoring his availability.

SPL leaders Celtic, who have Alan Thompson among their coaching staff, are another potential suitor.

Simpson, however, is happy and settled at United and hopes to open talks over a new contract in the summer.

He signed a three-and-a-half year deal in January 2010 and will hope to join Mike Williamson, Nile Ranger and Cheick Tiote in penning a new contract.

Wonder how much we'd make on him? :celb:

£6m

If we get a  decent offer, sell him. Although he's been doing a great job in defense, he's way to weak in attack. It's worrying that Ferguson, who is completely inexperienced at this level, managed to create more in attack against Stoke. Ferguson was not afraid to challenge if his opponent had no safety, and he succeeded to. Simpson on the other hand hit a support pass when he met the slightest of resistance.  A modern back must be good in attack too. That gives us more options.  But I have no objections if he stays. His work ethic is good, and he's shown improvement in defense. But I do not see him as a first choice next season. He's a solid backup.

If we get a  decent offer, sell him. Although he's been doing a great job in defense, he's way to weak in attack. It's worrying that Ferguson, who is completely inexperienced at this level, managed to create more in attack against Stoke. Ferguson was not afraid to challenge if his opponent had no safety, and he succeeded to. Simpson on the other hand hit a support pass when he met the slightest of resistance.  A modern back must be good in attack too. That gives us more options.  But I have no objections if he stays. His work ethic is good, and he's shown improvement in defense. But I do not see him as a first choice next season. He's a solid backup.

I agree, sell all of our players. We dont need them.

I want to keep him. But as I said in the post above, if we're offered stupid money (say £6 mill) then I've no objections. Finding a just as good replacement will not be that difficult imo.

How the fuck is £6m "stupid" money? :lol:

The lad is having a very, very good first season in the premier league, he's looking a hell of a lot better than he did just a year ago. He also seems to be very happy and enjoying his football here. He's got the potential to be our starting right back for a very, very long time, £6m would really not be that much at all. "Stupid" money would be around £15m, and if we're talking that sum, I can see why it would have made sense to sell him, if we were in need of money, which we bloody well should not be after the Carroll sale.

I want to keep him. But as I said in the post above, if we're offered stupid money (say £6 mill) then I've no objections. Finding a just as good replacement will not be that difficult imo.

I think we really need to concentrate on bring people in rather than selling. Of course get rid of the dead wood, Smith, Loven, Xisco but there is no need to be selling players like Simpson at this stage, out squad is small enough as it is.

There's no way we should even be contemplating selling Simpson. And obviously we aren't, but for the sake of argument:

We've managed Simpson's transfer and career at Newcastle pretty much perfectly so far, and although he didn't seem brilliant at first we now seem to have acquired a player that makes his transfer fee look like an absolute bargain.

As England know, there aren't many decent fullbacks around, and there would be no surprise if Simpson goes on to be his country's number one in that position for years to come.

Out back four is one of our strengths, and we should not be messing with it by selling Simpson. For many reasons, it would be a terrible decision. 

He will obviously be our first choice RB next season, to even question that is pointless.

He probably will be our first choice rb next season.. But SHOULD he be? I have my doubts...

What about Perch? :lol:

Guest The Enforcer
and there would be no surprise if Simpson goes on to be his country's number one in that position for years to come.

No surprise, you sure?

Kyle Walker looks streets ahead of him, anyway.

and there would be no surprise if Simpson goes on to be his country's number one in that position for years to come.

No surprise, you sure?

Kyle Walker looks streets ahead of him, anyway.

Well, maybe there would be some surprise, I just mean he has that potential and is more than good enough to be our first-choice RB.