Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

It's a bit unfair on Simpson to call him gash like. I mean he's been up against some of the most talented footballers of this generation. Stephen Carr, James Perch, Ryan Taylor...

...Steven Taylor, Peter Ramage, David Edgar, Nolberto Solano...

Nobby was areet at RB to be fair, doesn't belong in the same group as Edgar and Ramage. :lol:

One game? They're all prone to mistakes and if you foucus on them you would end up not picking any of them. How many footballers don't drop a bollock from time to time? Saylor had 29 starts for the U21's scoring 4 goals. He's also scored a considerable amount of goals for us considering his position. I don't know how thick he is but each year he grows older one would hope he grows a bit wiser.

He's fine. It doesn't worry me when he's in our team, he's flawed, but I wouldn't look to be shipping him. If we bought someone else, however, i would trust judging by our recent standard of acquisitions that they'd be at least as good.

I'd love to see Jonas at rb, if glen Johnson can play for England on the basis of his attacking prowess then why can't jonas?!

I know this will get slated (and perhaps rightly so) but its just an inane curiosity I have.

It's a bit unfair on Simpson to call him gash like. I mean he's been up against some of the most talented footballers of this generation. Stephen Carr, James Perch, Ryan Taylor...

...Steven Taylor, Peter Ramage, David Edgar, Nolberto Solano...

Nobby was areet at RB to be fair, doesn't belong in the same group as Edgar and Ramage. :lol:

Too true. After all that crap, Nobby looked quite good.

I'd love to see Jonas at rb, if glen Johnson can play for England on the basis of his attacking prowess then why can't jonas?!

I know this will get slated (and perhaps rightly so) but its just an inane curiosity I have.

:kinnear:

Jonas' contribution was minimal during the World Cup last year, so definitely wouldn't want to see him at RB.

We certainly need to peddle Perch, and possibly also Ryan Taylor. Simpson shouldn't be off anywhere, but he needs some actual good competition for his place.

Ryan Taylor is ahead of Perch for me purely for his ability to take set pieces (which fluctuates from excellent to turd) and also the fact he can fill in a lot of positions, although not particularly well.

You watched the world cup games where he was played there?

:lol: I did, yes and like I say I know its open to criticism because of staggering number of good reasons but I just have this inkling that he might be decent. He just has certain qualities which makes me think he could do a job. Glen Johnson is genuinely one of the worse defensive fullbacks I've seen for a long time, but he's also one of the better attacking full backs, I think going forward from a deep position with all the space full backs are afforded, Jonas could become a major asset for us.

As I say, inane curiosity.

:lol: I did, yes and like I say I know its open to criticism because of staggering number of good reasons but I just have this inkling that he might be decent. He just has certain qualities which makes me think he could do a job. Glen Johnson is genuinely one of the worse defensive fullbacks I've seen for a long time, but he's also one of the better attacking full backs, I think going forward from a deep position with all the space full backs are afforded, Jonas could become a major asset for us.

Ok, I can't see it myself and did wonder if you might have missed an 'S' out of the word inane. :) 

Offensively he'd be fine, but defensively he'd be worse than Glen Johnson. (caveat IMO)

Ok, I can't see it myself and did wonder if you might have missed an 'S' out of the word inane. :) 

Offensively he'd be fine, but defensively he'd be worse than Glen Johnson. (caveat IMO)

:lol:

Come out of this better than I thought I would to be honest. Offensive I actually think he'd be great but his grit and determination makes me believe that hed be a difficult defender to beat.

Besides he can be taught defensive work.

I'll go back into my hole now.

...I did watch one game where he played. Worked out pretty well for him.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0fin41J8mf0c5/350x.jpg

:kinnear: