Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Guest Rey Mysterio

Danny Simpson has ran before AND he made at least a dozen tackles last year. That already puts him leaps and bounds ahead of Raylor.

Anyone got a serious answer?

That's a perfectly serious answer. Ryan Taylor has no defensive attributes whatsoever. Nor does he have particularly good physical attributes. Simpson is mediocre as fuck, but all Raylor has is dead ball ability and a decent cross on him. Raylor is a reserve Right Wing. Nowt else.

What makes Simpson a better right back than Ryan Taylor?

The fact that he's actually a right back?

OK then, what attributes does Danny Simpson have that make him a better option to play right back than Ryan Taylor?

Faster, fitter, can actually defend?

Or maybe I should just say "is not Ryan Taylor" and we can be done with it.

Simpson's a shocking defender man. Don't think he's particularly faster than Taylor, if he is it would be marginal. Fitter, I wouldn't know so I'll give you that one.

If that's your honest assessment you're either blind, deaf, and illiterate or just too busy convincing yourself that you're right to actually see what's going on.

OK then, what attributes does Danny Simpson have that make him a better option to play right back than Ryan Taylor?

Simpson's a shocking defender man. Don't think he's particularly faster than Taylor, if he is it would be marginal. Fitter, I wouldn't know so I'll give you that one.

:lol: Horrendous wind-up this like. Bit in bold particularly, made me chuckle.

Guest Rey Mysterio

That's a perfectly serious answer. Ryan Taylor has no defensive attributes whatsoever. Nor does he have particularly good physical attributes. Simpson is mediocre as fuck, but all Raylor has is dead ball ability and a decent cross on him. Raylor is a reserve Right Wing. Nowt else.

I agree mate they're both shite however purely in terms of when we have possession, Raylor would edge it for me.

Guest Rey Mysterio

If that's your honest assessment you're either blind, deaf, and illiterate or just too busy convincing yourself that you're right to actually see what's going on.

Which part? Or all of it?

He can run with the ball without kicking it into touch for one thing.

Guest Rey Mysterio

I know you're not being serious but Wigan away, Simpson's first touch.........

He can run with the ball without kicking it into touch for one thing.

That's a perfectly serious answer. Ryan Taylor has no defensive attributes whatsoever. Nor does he have particularly good physical attributes. Simpson is mediocre as f***, but all Raylor has is dead ball ability and a decent cross on him. Raylor is a reserve Right Wing. Nowt else.

I agree mate they're both s**** however purely in terms of when we have possession, Raylor would edge it for me.

Shola Ameobi is probably better in possession than Simpson, should we play him at RB?

Ryan Taylor is not a full back, he's a poor midfielder who posseses exelent ability when striking a ball, nowt else.

Howay man, you can't have seen Ryan Taylor play at right back to suggest he can defend as well as Simpson. I don't mind Taylor too much on the right side of midfield but defensively, he's absolutely fucking hopeless. Simpson's no world beater but it's a silly comparison.

Howay man, you can't have seen Ryan Taylor play at right back to suggest he can defend as well as Simpson. I don't mind Taylor too much on the right side of midfield but defensively, he's absolutely f***ing hopeless. Simpson's no world beater but it's a silly comparison.

:thup:

It's a bit unfair on Simpson to call him gash like. I mean he's been up against some of the most talented footballers of this generation. Stephen Carr, James Perch, Ryan Taylor...

It's a bit unfair on Simpson to call him gash like. I mean he's been up against some of the most talented footballers of this generation. Stephen Carr, James Perch, Ryan Taylor...

...Steven Taylor, Peter Ramage, David Edgar, Nolberto Solano...

Ryan Taylor's got fantastic delivery tbf. If you could just get him to the corner flag with the ball not moving too much and no opposition player within 5 yards we'd see a highly effective player.

All you fuckers who want to 'upgrade' Danny Simpson are probably the same bunch of fuckwits who advocated us getting rid of Aaron Hughes.  Be careful what you wish for...

Settle down man. People are making reasonable arguments for it, for the most part, based upon the calibre of players we're bringing in elsewhere. Aaron Hughes has got better and better on here every year he's been gone, btw. Nice bloke, great pro, but he's an average PL player - which I appreciate makes him better than a lot we've had in recent times.