Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Worst player at the World Cup. Was terrible.

Was he f***.  :lol:

:lol:

Aye, he was fucking horrible like. DId nothing right, worst part is and to hear about him back at Brazil from family and friends of how poor the right back with long hair was. Telling them he was actually rather good made me look like a fool, and even more so when I said he played for Newcastle.

Cheers.

He was fucking turboshit though. Played in the first game at left-back for South Africa, then was rightly dropped for the next two. Slowest/worst player I can remember from the WC.

• 2 weeks later...

As the squad is developing this summer Simpson is starting to look like our weakest link by far. I'd like to see us make a move for an other right back to get som competition for the position.

As the squad is developing this summer Simpson is starting to look like our weakest link by far. I'd like to see us make a move for an other right back to get som competition for the position.

Never bought into this view TBH, I'm really surprised how people have gone from praising Simpson's improvement to saying he should be replaced.

He's a solid enough RB for where we are at the moment IMO, it would also disrupt the back four to replace him. He's young and has enough time to improve more and correct his weaknesses.

Guest Roger Kint

Never bought into this view TBH, I'm really surprised how people have gone from praising Simpson's improvement to saying he should be replaced.

He's a solid enough RB for where we are at the moment IMO, it would also disrupt the back four to replace him. He's young and has enough time to improve more and correct his weaknesses.

Totally agree Ian

Guest firetotheworks

Worst player at the World Cup. Was terrible.

Was he f***.  :lol:

:lol:

Aye, he was f***ing horrible like. DId nothing right, worst part is and to hear about him back at Brazil from family and friends of how poor the right back with long hair was. Telling them he was actually rather good made me look like a fool, and even more so when I said he played for Newcastle.

Going by stats it was officially Wayne Rooney. I got the same result when I used my eyes as well. Jonas was poor out of position, but Rooney was embarrassing.

Simpson should be our first choice RB next season. Though I reckon a little healthy competition will do him some good like!

Simpson should be our first choice RB next season. Though I reckon a little healthy competition will do him some good like!

Yeah, I'd like someone to be coming in and challenging him.

Simpson is suffering the same fate most of our players seem to, find a negative side to their game then make it out to be a much bigger problem that it is.

There are a select few that get away from it but the majority fall.

Simpson is suffering the same fate most of our players seem to, find a negative side to their game then make it out to be a much bigger problem that it is.

Completely agree with this, his 'backing off' problem is no where near as bad as some make out

Simpsons backing off is pretty bad, worse though is that every one of his first touches is cautiously backwards.

Every.single.time.

It's infuriating to see him in acres of space receiving the ball and his subsequent first touch is backwards. The guy plays with fear.Fear of the ball, and i hate that.

Definatly this like. It seems to be the cool thing to just completely overstate our players' weaknesses.

If he was as bad as often made out we would be in a lot worse position and he would be a laughing stock. Keepers in this country generally don't get too many chances until they are labled a clown but I don't remember him ever being singled out. As said in my initial post, these faults are spotted (not made up) but they are far too exaggerated.

Harper can be slow to react but it's nowhere near as bad/frequent as made out.

Before he got a couple of goals with his head Best was the worst headerer of the ball ever!! That may be an exaggeration itself but it wasn't far off and was quickly becoming one of his things.

If he was as bad as often made out we would be in a lot worse position and he would be a laughing stock. Keepers in this country generally don't get too many chances until they are labled a clown but I don't remember him ever being singled out. As said in my initial post, these faults are spotted (not made up) but they are far too exaggerated.

Harper can be slow to react but it's nowhere near as bad/frequent as made out.

Before he got a couple of goals with his head Best was the worst headerer of the ball ever!! That may be an exaggeration itself but it wasn't far off and was quickly becoming one of his things.

:thup:

(Harper did cost us the Stoke game tbf.....)

Been happy with Simpson, good attitute and workrate and reasonably solid. When he has confidence he looks reasonable attacking too. I was seriously concerned that he would struggle this year but he started out better than an already impressive season before.

He is still young and learning as mentioned by other posters. If he can continue his improvement like he did last year I would be delighted. Wasn't so long ago he was on the fringes of an England call up and to be fair to him he would have deserved it. Certainly has some flaws but he is worth nearly ten times what we paid for him we paid for him imo.

Would certainly like to see a more experienced RB come in to give him competition, but a fully fit Ryan Taylor and an emerging Tavernier should keep him on his toes.