Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Always been a defender of him. Not because I think he's great, but because I think the criticism has been a bit over the top. Not anymore.

Think last season he was reasonably solid, maybe because of Barton ahead of him, and got a lot of unfair criticism. This season he's been very poor, although he has obvious off the pitch issues to deal with.

At the minute I'd rather have Ryan Taylor than him, couldn't imagine saying that 2 months ago.

Always been a defender of him. Not because I think he's great, but because I think the criticism has been a bit over the top. Not anymore.

Think last season he was reasonably solid, maybe because of Barton ahead of him, and got a lot of unfair criticism. This season he's been very poor, although he has obvious off the pitch issues to deal with.

At the minute I'd rather have Ryan Taylor than him, couldn't imagine saying that 2 months ago.

Must have completely missed this, what are his off the pitch issues?

Must have completely missed this, what are his off the pitch issues?

Had a daughter (few months old now I think) who has only recently come out of hospital after having difficulties.

I still don't think he's as bad as everyone makes out on here. Not great, certainly doesn't add a single thing to our attacking play, but because the rest of the team has performed so admirably this season, everyone's focusing on him. I would take him out over Santon right now. Doesn't mean I'm going to call him worse than scum for his performances.

What did Bale do today btw?

Raped Simpson all game, that's where both their goals came from.

Simpson was too busy backing off to stop Taylor giving away the penalty. Or something. He's the worst player to have ever played right back for us, no doubt about that.

Guest dazzanufc1892

Simpson was too busy backing off to stop Taylor giving away the penalty. Or something. He's the worst player to have ever played right back for us, no doubt about that.

way over the top

What right-back was it he was mocking on Twitter again? Think it was someone that played for Man Utd.

Said he was better than Fabio, who has a cap for Brazil and 5 times as many caps than him for Man Utd.

Simpson has no self-insight at all.

way over the top

I think that's the point...

He thinks he's quality. That's why he slags off Dzeko and Fabio on Twitter, moans about Capello not coming to Newcastle and is the main reason why he's shit. He makes the same mistakes over and over again and is petrified of the ball.

The worst player in our team right now and that's why he, quite rightly, gets stick. If we ever want to progress past somewhere between 10th and 17th, he has to be moved on.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

I've thought he was getting too much stick from people here, but today was a pretty crappy game from him.  Hopefully he'll react positively to the challenge of having santon competing with him, but time will tell.

:lol:

Apparently had the hump when he was taken off. Fuck knows why.

Because any player worth their salt wants to play?

Would prefer that than the Guthrie method...  :undecided:

Perhaps the case but he can't have thought he was having a good game? The substitution cannot have been that much of a surprise to him.

If he was having a solid game then fair enough but he was turbomule for the most part.

Less said about Danny Do-one the better.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/evening-chronicle-news/2011/10/19/danny-simpson-in-driving-ban-despite-baby-plea-72703-29621783/

Most interesting part:

Simpson said in terms of his future at Newcastle, he was fully expecting to be put on the transfer list. He said: “There is a chance in the future that I will be moving, whether in the transfer window in January or in the summer.

“I have 18 months’ life on my contract and I don’t think it will go past that.”

Speeding is idiotic, but wish him and his family all the best. Doesn't sound like he's having a very good time of it at the minute.

Chin up Danny. :thup:

Not sure why there's any need for the cunty digs. He's been a good player for us from the off and have no problem with him staying. If nothing can be agreed, fair enough, wish him all the best.