Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Guest VaVaVoom

I'd let him go to Fulham or Villa for 3mil like.

A 2.5mil profit and a chance to bring in a QUALITY LB in January.

Really hope we bust a gut and get Pieters or Cissoko then we can have Santon in his best position, RB.

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc AP on Simmo "Danny has had some bad advice and has been in a stressful situation. He's been great for me and could get new contract"

:thup: tbh.

But he may very well still be able to step it up by January/the end of the season. If not, he's still decent enough back up imho but if he wants to leave, can't really stop him.

He's far from perfect but he's a hard worker and gets stuck in. Think he gets a fair whack of unfair criticism a lot of the time, but he probably isn't our best full-back atm. Which doesn't say much considering we have a RB at LB.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's an adequate Premier league full-back, just! However at this point in time he can be a weak link for Newcastle, but he's playing in an unbeaten side that lies fourth in the table and he has played his part. Long-term we should be looking to improve on him and indeed any other weak links in our side as should always be the case but at the moment he is our best right-back. He also appears to be a good lad, a decent pro and given his service for the club in the past 2 and a bit seasons deserves some slack I think. Its not as if he's performing horrifically, he's just poor or average at certain aspects of his game or in certain situations during a game.

He's an adequate Premier league full-back, just! However at this point in time he can be a weak link for Newcastle, but he's playing in an unbeaten side that lies fourth in the table and he has played his part. Long-term we should be looking to improve on him and indeed any other weak links in our side as should always be the case but at the moment he is our best right-back. He also appears to be a good lad, a decent pro and given his service for the club in the past 2 and a bit seasons deserves some slack I think. Its not as if he's performing horrifically, he's just poor or average at certain aspects of his game or in certain situations during a game.

Nail on the head.

:thup:

:clap:

Guest Howaythetoon

By the way if Simpson or rather the right back slot is of utmost concern these days, we are doing f***ing well because leading up to the transfer window closure we were all worrying about left-back and up front. In a way, for me anyway, the fact that people are now seeing that area of our side as a weak link is a good sign.

I just wish people were more analytical in their criticism of Simpson and indeed most of our players other than the "he's s***, get rid" type of reasoning. He's not s**** and we shouldn't get rid. For me, I'd like us to sign a better right-back so Simpson becomes a squad player rather than a first-teamer, that's the way forward. Like I said he's an adequate Premier league right-back. The fact he's starting for a current top-four side and playing to a degree of competence is proof of that.

He's nothing special but he's doing an adequate job in the way Best does for us or Williamson did prior to his injury. I like these kind of players, none supestars who are good pros trying their best to play to their best for us, a side that was full of complete tossers two years ago, players who may have had a bit more ability than the likes of Simpson but didn't have his heart for the role or side nor his professionalis.

That's not to say we should simply accept average players because they are nice lads, but we should never dismiss them likewise or be dismissive of such players. Who the f*** are we to be so dismissive. Lets leave that crap to Man Utd fans or other spoilt c***s. We need players like Simpson at Newcastle, for their character and ability to do a job. I'd far rather we peddle the likes of f***ing Ranger than Simpson or Smith, Perch and Xisco, none entities of players.

I don't know the full details of what was going on with his kid but it sounded like a huge stress for him and his no1 priority as it would for any one of us, hopefully with that behind him, and possibly a new contract in the future he can fully concentrate on football again. He did well to make the step up to 'average premiership fullback' last season when most on here still had him down as an average championship player at best. There's more left in the tank, but it takes focus and commitment, both compromised ATM with off- field problems.

We've all seen what a settled Steven Taylor can produce, if he can turn it around so can Simpson, I for one hope we keep him, but if we did sell him, i would understand if the fee was a good one and we bought a better replacement. He is replaceable, but in a perfect world I'd have him and another RB and sell Raylor.

I don't know the full details of what was going on with his kid but it sounded like a huge stress for him and his no1 priority as it would for any one of us, hopefully with that behind him, and possibly a new contract in the future he can fully concentrate on football again. He did well to make the step up to 'average premiership fullback' last season when most on here still had him down as an average championship player at best. There's more left in the tank, but it takes focus and commitment, both compromised ATM with off- field problems.

We've all seen what a settled Steven Taylor can produce, if he can turn it around so can Simpson, I for one hope we keep him, but if we did sell him, i would understand if the fee was a good one and we bought a better replacement. He is replaceable, but in a perfect world I'd have him and another RB and sell Raylor.

Agree with everything you've said there except for the Raylor bit. For once in the PL, Raylor has looked solid for us and I'd keep him on as a utility/squad player at the very least.

Think we need to lay off the lad,  going through a hard time at the minute off the field with his baby very poorly and in and out of hospital.  Pardew mentioned it tonight but i trust Pardew to manage the situation well and if he needs to be rested i think he will be.

Got to say, as much bollocks as they usually talk, Hansen and Lawros discussion on keeping a settled back 4 made a lot of sense, as ridiculous as playing Raylor ahead of Santon would have seemed mental at the start of the season.