Nobby Solano signs for Leicester City until the end of the season

Weznufc

Think he'd be a great addition for the rest of the season, still looked canny when he was playing in Peru from what I've seen. (Which is a fair few matches, as I have developed some strange obsession for Peruvian footy stemming back many FM's ago :lol:)

I dont see Nobby playing much of a starting role and certainly not at full back. I still think we will sign Simpson, one way or the other.

I see Nobby in a creative role, possibly even in the middle at times, as an impact player off the bench.

When you consider some people think the likes of Nolan, Smith, Simpson, Shola etc are good players at this level, I don't see a problem with Nobby being able to handle it even though he is 35.

The likes of Graham Alexander looked the part at this level (and still does at 39 in the premiership). He may not have the legs but having a good footballing brain and the technical ability that he does I think he will be a great short term signing.

The nufc.com slant on this story is f@ckin ridiculous - but sadly quite typical of them nowadays.

An ex player trains with old club - a pretty common occurence. Somehow (to suit their agenda) they've twisted it to this now being the club's policy on future signings, asking if it will be Dyer, Cort and Alan Foggon next ?

I guess in that case Arsenal will be making moves for Tony Adams, Alan Smith and Charlie George in the coming days.

I think he could manage this division tbh, his football brain is 20 times faster then some of the cloggers in this league.

If he helps us gain promotion then fine by me.

Plus it would give us another free kick taker and someone who can pass the ball.

Guest johnson293

Would definitely have him in as another body in the squad till the end of the season.

Would hate to think he was the only player brought in this window though, but on a free and hopefully on nominal wages, I dont see the problem TBH.

Hopefully in training he can teach some of the others how to cross/deliver a ball as well, and help fine tune Ryan Taylors free kicks.

If Guthrie and Taylor can cause problems with their crossing ability then Nobby will tear most defences apart. He could contribute significantly considering he can play at right back too.

On a minimum contract, month to month basis he could be a good face to add to the squad. Creativity is something we've been crying out for.

Guthrie has the engine to get into those positions though, it's extremely ignorant to assume that just because he has the delivery, (it's not nearly as good as it was btw) he'll be able to use it.

Howay then, I'll bite. How do you know that?

Guthrie has the engine to get into those positions though, it's extremely ignorant to assume that just because he has the delivery, (it's not nearly as good as it was btw) he'll be able to use it.

He will be playing in an uber shyte league.  I think he can manage it, he'll use his footballing brain as his pace and do teams with his passing.

I'd be okay with this.  Unless he's really gone downhill, I think he could be a decent squad player at this level, and good influence.  It would be great if he was with us for promotion. And I expect (hope) it's only til the end of the season and he won't expect first team football.

IMO he's retained the same amount of fitness and ability as Beckham, who still applies his trade at one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Let me guess "that's different"?

Howay then, I'll bite. How do you know that?

I'm not going to get into this again because I love Nobby and it's only natural that a footballing ability of his calibre will deteriorate at a certain age.

At West Ham and in the few games i've seen him play for Peru in the last year suggest strongly that his delivery isn't nearly as effective as it was in his last 2 years with us. The lad on here who watches the Peruvian league regularly (not Mick, he's daft) will probably concur with this.

IMO he's retained the same amount of fitness and ability as Beckham, who still applies his trade at one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Let me guess "that's different"?

Why did West Ham let him go for basically nowt then, as we did, and Villa before that and us before that?