Nobby Solano signs for Leicester City until the end of the season

Weznufc

The Nobby that was at West Ham was certainly good enough, but since then I've only seen him once, for Peru against Argentina not long ago. He looked alright. I see no reason why he can't come back as a temporary squad player.

Guest Heneage

This reminds me of an episode of the Renford Rejects. The '66 England team came back to coach the Rejects, it was epic, and they won, how can it not work!?

You have to remember that Ashley has supposedly sacked over 200 backroom staff in the summer. So getting him in under the pretence that he might play for us and keep the fans onside is a good crafty way to add to our coaching staff.

what makes you think he'd be a good coach. usually on here people scream "jobs for the boys" but when it's a fans fave with no experience at coaching or any rerason to suspect he'd be any good at it people lap it up. slight double standards at work..........as usual.

Would love to see Speed back as well.

i would have had gary speed in our team last season on his form then instead of any of our centre mids. haven't seen him play this season so don't know if the years are finally catching up.

This reminds me of an episode of the Renford Rejects. The '66 England team came back to coach the Rejects, it was epic, and they won, how can it not work!?

:lol: Haha, the Renford fucking Rejects.  I had forgotten that thing ever existed, cheers.

You have to remember that Ashley has supposedly sacked over 200 backroom staff in the summer. So getting him in under the pretence that he might play for us and keep the fans onside is a good crafty way to add to our coaching staff.

what makes you think he'd be a good coach. usually on here people scream "jobs for the boys" but when it's a fans fave with no experience at coaching or any rerason to suspect he'd be any good at it people lap it up. slight double standards at work..........as usual.

I'm not one to scream about jobs for the boys. The reality is that on the continent, the best coaches and managers have usually started out in a junior role at a club they were associated with as a player.. It would be a good stop for everyone to take. If it turns out he isn't cut out for it, it isn't the end of the world.

I'm not one to scream about jobs for the boys. The reality is that on the continent, the best coaches and managers have usually started out in a junior role at a club they were associated with as a player.. It would be a good stop for everyone to take. If it turns out he isn't cut out for it, it isn't the end of the world.

they've also been brought up in a different ethos of the game than anyone who's spent a long time over here. we shouldn't take him on because of who he is but what he is and the what is "a good coach" as opposed to a popular ex player.

.com are not happy!

Old boy sighted:

Peru must be joking!

While Newcastle continue to be frustrated in their transfer efforts, a new face has been spotted around the United training ground in recent days -with his trumpet...

At the age of 35, free agent Nolberto Solano has returned to Tyneside while he searches for a new club, having ended a trial spell with League One Colchester.

There's no confirmation from United whether they have any interest in signing the Peruvian for what would be a third stint in a Newcastle shirt, but it would be just the sort of cheap stunt that would appeal to the clowns currently controlling our destiny.

Would love to see Speed back as well.

i would have had gary speed in our team last season on his form then instead of any of our centre mids. haven't seen him play this season so don't know if the years are finally catching up.

I don't think years catch up with him, he just wakes up and decides to be 30 years old every morning.

.com are not happy!

Old boy sighted:

Peru must be joking!

While Newcastle continue to be frustrated in their transfer efforts, a new face has been spotted around the United training ground in recent days -with his trumpet...

At the age of 35, free agent Nolberto Solano has returned to Tyneside while he searches for a new club, having ended a trial spell with League One Colchester.

There's no confirmation from United whether they have any interest in signing the Peruvian for what would be a third stint in a Newcastle shirt, but it would be just the sort of cheap stunt that would appeal to the clowns currently controlling our destiny.

how can they not be happy with nobbys potential return, hes probably still at 35 better than our other options on the right side of midfield

Okay, stupid question... do English clubs really have 200000000000000 coaches like in FM? Because Spanish clubs only have GK and fitness coaches, and all outfield player training is conducted by the manager and his assistant. And that's true even for the big guns. We only used specialized coaches at youth teams.

Get him in. Simple, he has the quality still at this level and has only just given up playing international football.

His ability to cross a ball, from free kicks and corners could be invaluable to us. He can still thread a needle with a pass and still capable of scoring goals.

If anyone thinks this is unusual, let me just mention the following:

Campbell to Arsenal

Viera to Shitty

CLASS IS PERMANENT

Okay, stupid question... do English clubs really have 200000000000000 coaches like in FM? Because Spanish clubs only have GK and fitness coaches, and all outfield player training is conducted by the manager and his assistant. And that's true even for the big guns.

Yeah but your managers don't decide on anything apart from lunch and the formation.

Okay, stupid question... do English clubs really have 200000000000000 coaches like in FM? Because Spanish clubs only have GK and fitness coaches, and all outfield player training is conducted by the manager and his assistant. And that's true even for the big guns.

depends on the club and manager in question, harry for instance doesnt do much training to my knowledge but there would be others who would prefer to be on the training ground. And of coarse theres the academy staff

Yeah but your managers don't decide on anything apart from lunch and the formation.

Yep, different cultures. Actually the spanish word for a manager - "entrenador" actually means "coach". One of the points of contention between Guardiola and the board is that he wants English-style managerial powers.