Newcastle v Derby Pre-match thread - Live on Sky at 5.20pm (28/12/09)

Guest toonlass

Incredibly harsh on Guthrie that. Can see him wanting off soon.

Is there any reason why Hughton isnt trying to play a consistent starting 11 or is he trying to be some kind of tactical super-genius by chopping and changing ?

Is there any reason why Hughton isnt trying to play a consistent starting 11 or is he trying to be some kind of tactical super-genius by chopping and changing ?

Its a long season perhaps, it also keeps players on their toes.  Could have preferred to see Guthrie in for Nolan, then again he keeps on scoring, which IMO is the only reason he is keeping his place at the moment.

Guest Heneage

Could be resting him, not surprised to see a number of changes from the last game considering it was 2 days ago.

Even if he's resting players, are you telling me Nolan is fitter than Guthrie?

Could be resting him, not surprised to see a number of changes from the last game considering it was 2 days ago.

Even if he's resting players, are you telling me Nolan is fitter than Guthrie?

Nope but Nolan is scoring a hell of a lot of goals. Hopefully they are swapped over at some point. That said Guthrie has always vanished after 60 minutes for me anyway so is hardly Mr Marathon himself.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Knew Shola would be dropped, as if he could start this after playing on saturday, looking forward to seeing Carroll and Loven together.

Has the potential to be a decent combination