Report: New kit deal agreed with Puma

Dave

Quite like this year's kit. Only bought it recently, felt I had to have the shirt from this absolutely mental season. Its a better design than previous years. Quality is ok, nothing special. Probably one that I'll still be wearing years from now, as I will with the Yellow away kit, which I agree needs to be brought back.

... felt I had to have the shirt from this absolutely mental season.

Been thinking this for a while too. Was going to wait until the end of the season and get a cheap Carroll one. Until "the incident" that is.

... felt I had to have the shirt from this absolutely mental season.

Been thinking this for a while too. Was going to wait until the end of the season and get a cheap Carroll one. Until "the incident" that is.

Going to get someone on the back next time I go up to Newcastle. Was going to get Jose but see that as too much of a risk. Probably going to be Coloccini now as I'm nervous about getting Tiote or Barton as well. At least with Colo we know no one is going to match his mental wage packet.

From an ethical perspective I prefer Puma or Adidas. They are two brands who is fairly known for treating their workforce with respect, while Nike treat them like s***. Or to be more precise: Nike consist only of an administrative apparatus. The actual production is outsourced to pettiest bidders. So you can imagine the profit and the working conditions.

From an ethical perspective I prefer Puma or Adidas. They are two brands who is fairly known for treating their workforce with respect, while Nike treat them like s***. Or to be more precise: Nike consist only of an administrative apparatus. The actual production is outsourced to pettiest bidders. So you can imagine the profit and the working conditions.

That was back in the 90s. Nike has cleaned up their act significantly.

That was back in the 90s. Nike has cleaned up their act significantly.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5485125_nike-sweatshops.html

New Standards

In 2002, Nike issued a company Code of Conduct to all its factories, regulating the conditions and safety requirements that work should be conducted by. The company's 2004 Responsibility Report established further health and labor standards, and described increased monitoring plans. This 2004 report was considered a major victory for workers and many human right's groups, because Nike included a full list of its factories and their addresses throughout the world. This has allowed for independent monitoring and investigations. While these were perceived as positive efforts on Nike's part, the human rights campaign against the company have not ended. According to the Educating for Justice group, between 50 and 100 percent of Nike factories require more working hours than those permitted by the Code of Conduct. In 25 to 50 percent of factories, workers are required to work 7 days a week, and in the same percentage of factories, workers are still paid less than the local minimum wage.

Most minimum wage labourers here actually want overtime work because it pays more. Without it, they can't survive. I don't know whose fault that is, but that's the reality.

That's may be the reality, but it's still wrong. If they were paid more, less overtime is needed. And for Nike, increasing to minimum pay is a minimal economical expense.

• 8 months later...

That's the best one we've ever had and I've still got mine.

Always regretted giving mine away back in the day so bought a replacement off ebay a couple of years back. Great shirt. :thup:

I think most retro shirts look quite decent, but there's something about that 96 one, just looks dead naff and cheap. Shame we weren't still with Adidas so we could get a proper remake of it.

:thup: Would rather hold out for a good deal to pop up on EBay for an original tbh.