Report: New kit deal agreed with Puma

Dave

SD undercut the club shop by £5 or £10, but the club usually throw in some freebie for your £40.

And the lettering is cheaper (I think).

aye, a few years ago some sports shops would charge you for each letter and number, whereas the club would give you up to 10 letters and 2 numbers for £10.  Think they've bumped it up to £15 now unless you bought your shirt from them, in which case its still a tenner.

If I get the shirt, and if it has a patch on the back which will no doubt look daft as usual without a name, I'll probably end up buying it from the club shop for the reason that I don't trust any SD employee in spelling it right/burning a hole in the shirt/making it wonky etc etc.

Guest firetotheworks

On the last page those first two are excellent. Imagine how much money companies would save by employing fans to design kits on photoshop.

On the last page those first two are excellent. Imagine how much money companies would save by employing fans to design kits on photoshop.

Adidas already use monkies with MS paint.  How much cheaper do you want it.

Guest guinness_fiend

I love Puma kits, but they're going to have to change their sizes to suit some of our fans.  They're skin tight as hell at the best of times!

Aye, alright. Come the launch of the strip, Sports Direct, owned by Mike Ashley, will undercut the official club shop, owned by Mike Ashley.

I'm guessing Ashley himself doesn't set the prices suprisingly.

Aw, come on man. Why on earth would he allow one of his businesses to take sales away from his club?

I'm fully expecting to be proven wrong now, but it's just not cricket.

Market segmentation.

Why do Asda sell cheap ass beans, medium priced beans and "luxury" beans?