Report: New kit deal agreed with Puma

Dave

It's clothing. Some people give a s*** about how they look. I know it wasn't like this in the 30s, but times have changed old man.

Couldnt agree more. I want to be proud to wear my teams shirt and not be forced to wear a cheap piece of crap that could come from a market or charity shop. Also we are paying between 30/40 quid of our hard earned money to wear it.

:lol:

Black and white (check), striped (check), toon badge (check). Newcastle top (check).

Above and beyond that who gives a fuck. The way some buggers go on you'd think the fucker was a fashion item for use on the catwalks of Europe.

It's a football shirt that meets all the criteria of a Toon shirt. End of.

this

Black and white (check), striped (check), toon badge (check). Newcastle top (check).

Above and beyond that who gives a f***. The way some buggers go on you'd think the f***er was a fashion item for use on the catwalks of Europe.

It's a football shirt that meets all the criteria of a Toon shirt. End of.

this

30+ quids alot of money to buy something that looks like a piece of shit. Thats why ppl are moaning about its looks..

Micktoon, like it or not, kits are fashion items now as well as just a piece of clothing a sportsman wears. They make a lot of money for clubs and I think fans who are forking out £40 for a shirt deserve something better than a piece of cheap shit with a sown on badge as opposed to a proper embroided one. The 'toon army' thing on th coller is shocking compared to the AC Milan embroided thing on their shirts a couple years back. You may be happy strutting about in a mass produced generic top made for pennies by some poor Cambodian with a badge sown on afterward, but some people have pride in their appearance and the image of their club.

Guest johnson293

At the end of the day, we still don't know for sure whether these are the final/finished shirts, or are they just prototypes?

So, the puma on the striped shirt may not actually end up central, and the white border on the iron on club crest may be repaced with a proper embroidered version for the actual retail shirts.

Sorry if this has been discussed/clarified on previous pages, but just wish people would wait until the actual shirt(s) are revealed before complaining, which will (hopefully) be unfounded.

Wouldn't mind the home one too much if it had a proper back to it, hate the big white patches. I prefer it to the last adidas one, didn't buy it and obviously didn't buy the yellow kit. The blue one is actually alright looking, plain but quite smart - same with the white.

Guest The_Scoreboard

very disappointed in regards to some of the mock ups  raised my expectations only to be let down by these cheap, poor quality shirts. IF they are the finished product (Which i doubt) I won't be buying any of them, even this years home shirt is better than that thing :thdn:

and yes i wear my shirt at other times, not just at games so I am pretty bothered by how they look :sadnod:

Why does everybody think they look so cheap, apart from the white shit around the badge I don't see it?

Badges and the sponsor look ironed on, like after a few washes/a quick tumble dry/being left on a radiator they'd start peeling and cracking.  Material looks thin and cheap, overly synthetic

Something in me says that the negative reaction to these 'kits' is because we're all so used to seeing three stripes down the shoulders. I think its the one thing that sets Adidas kits apart from Umbro / Nike / Puma, and fitted so well on our shirts and just gives them an edge.

With the latest pictures showing the collar, with Toon Army stitched into the material, I honest think they are not the real deal as no one in their right mind would sanction putting Toon Army on the shirt.  That coupled with the white badge surrounds.  Etches of poor design and somehow I doubt anyone in PUMA QA would sanction shoddy work.

But then again knowing our regime and board, they might just be stupid enough.

In summary, I honestly ain't got a clue if these are real or not...just using previous design experience to hope that they aren't.