Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonlass

I see a fair few Leeds games and I don't think he'd fail at Championship level, I'd back him to get 10-15 goals. He has a better eye for goal than any of our current strikers, also the step up from League 1 to the Championship isn't that great, any of the dross in the bottom half of the league are bad enough to go down.

And if we do go up in May? Will he be able to make another step up so soon after making the step from league 1 to the championship?

beckford will be a smashing signing. maybe not premiership quality, but we'll worry about that when/if we get there. for a million quid its certainly worth it. the difference between the championship and league 1 is small and i think he'd adapt well. and as for his attitude, as long as he gets 10 goals to get us back in the PL, we can sell him and move on. no harm done.

if leeds reject £1m, maybe we should offer £1.2m plus Nicky Butt ;D

beckford will be a smashing signing. maybe not premiership quality, but we'll worry about that when/if we get there. for a million quid its certainly worth it. the difference between the championship and league 1 is small and i think he'd adapt well. and as for his attitude, as long as he gets 10 goals to get us back in the PL, we can sell him and move on. no harm done.

if leeds reject £1m, maybe we should offer £1.2 plus Nicky Butt  ;D

Tell that to Peterbrough and Scunthorpe.

The weird thing is, is that Ronaldo would be a great poster if he could cut out the arrogant "I'M RIGHT! YOU KNOW NOTHING!" bullshit. Clearly has a good knowledge of football but a stinking attitude.

The weird thing is, is that Ronaldo would be a great poster if he could cut out the arrogant "I'M RIGHT! YOU KNOW NOTHING!" bullshit. Clearly has a good knowledge of football but a stinking attitude.

Agreed.

I just want us to buy him so Ronaldo can say I told you so when he turns out to be utter horse s***.

I really don't think he'll be horseshit at all. If he signs and plays every game until May, he should get us around 10 goals.

The problems I see are:

a) He won't cut it in the premiership.

b) He relies heavily on the players around him to be effective, our style of play and lack of creativity in the final third aren't ideal for this type of player.

c) He isn't the type to graft his bollocks off, he's very much the type who carefully uses his energy and positioning.

For the latter reason in particular he's unlikely to be a popular player at SJP, after the initial new player honeymoon period.

I just want us to buy him so Ronaldo can say I told you so when he turns out to be utter horse s***.

I really don't think he'll be horseshit at all. If he signs and plays every game until May, he should get us around 10 goals.

The problems I see are:

a) He won't cut it in the premiership.

b) He relies heavily on the players around him to be effective, our style of play and lack of creativity in the final third aren't ideal for this type of player.

c) He isn't the type to graft his bollocks off, he's very much the type who carefully uses his energy and positioning.

For the latter reason in particular he's unlikely to be a popular player at SJP, after the initial new player honeymoon period.

From what I've read about Boyd he's exactly the same. If I had to choose one over the other I'd probably go for Beckford.

if leeds reject £1m, maybe we should offer £1.2 plus Nicky Butt  ;D

Leeds would want more than £1.2mill to take Nicky Butt tbh

Guest Stephen927

Leeds supporting mate of mine says Beckford kicked off with Grayson for subbing him but that has been sorted out. Reckons we don't need Beckford and that he would be no use whatsoever in the Premiership. Incredibly lazy and the only time you see him in a game is when he scores.

I reckon he would be okay in the Championship but should we find ourselves promoted he'll be one for the bin.

Leeds supporting mate of mine says Beckford kicked off with Grayson for subbing him but that has been sorted out. Reckons we don't need Beckford and that he would be no use whatsoever in the Premiership. Incredibly lazy and the only time you see him in a game is when he scores.

I reckon he would be okay in the Championship but should we find ourselves promoted he'll be one for the bin.

He'll get on well with Nolan and Shola then.

Can't say I've seen much of him but some of the goals he's scored have looked class. I'd take a punt on his sort rather than the hard-working donkeys that litter the league's shite clubs.

As most of those who have seen him think he will fail in the premiiershi[ I think I would rather pay the £250,000 or whatever it was to keep Harewood till the end of the season. At least we know he will score goals in this league.

As most of those who have seen him think he will fail in the premiiershi[ I think I would rather pay the £250,000 or whatever it was to keep Harewood till the end of the season. At least we know he will score goals in this league.

:thup:

Guest Haris Vuckic

Beckford never scored once in ten championship games for Leeds so make of that what you will.

He's 26, I would rather gamble on a younger player if we are fishing in league one, perhaps time to give Lee Clark a call?

Guest toonlass

Beckford never scored once in ten championship games for Leeds so make of that what you will.

He's 26, I would rather gamble on a younger player if we are fishing in league one, perhaps time to give Lee Clark a call?

Nah too old, and he wasn't called Jigsaw for nothing  O0

We have enough young players to gamble with.

we just don't know about Beckford, but Jason Scotland made the jump from League 1 to the Championship and still bagged loads of goals, I think that Beckford is a better all round player than Scotland. Scotland so far hasn't done much in the Prem with Wigan not that he has many chances.

I am of the opinion we need to worry about now and not the future, if Beckford can help us get promoted then great, we'll worry whether or not he has the talent to succeed in the Premiership when we are there. Its a moot argument in my opinion anyway as its unlikely we'll sign anyone that we are sure would succeed in the Prem.

That said I wouldn't be totally against Kris Boyd, I think he could get goals at Championhip Level.

I have seen plenty plenty of all them strikers on the box:

Beckford - Would of liked him a while back back but he seems a bit of a wanker.

Chopra - Last time in PL he was winger more often than a striker.

Boyd - Walter Smith has never trusted him in the CL games & his record V Celtic is shite, so I have doubts. Would need someone with pace upfront with him.

I would take a punt on Boyd out of them 3 if that was the only choice.