Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonlass

There is a certain striker having a medical now at MGH!

?

N fkn NGH :lol:

Is that Newcastle General? Thought medicals were done at the freeman.

NGH, RVI, Freeman or Nuffield all get used.

Cheers mate

When it has already been said that he won't sign untill the Man Utd Leeds game is over, a bid has been rejected and it's new years eve and the transfer market isn't even open yet, forgive me for doubting that anyone will be having a medical today.

When it has already been said that he won't sign untill the Man Utd Leeds game is over, a bid has been rejected and it's new years eve and the transfer market isn't even open yet, forgive me for doubting that anyone will be having a medical today.

well it is possible that a medical could be done tonight and paperwork put through tomorrow and have him available for the cup on sat, but it doesnt seem likely.  that said someone here has said beckfords put in a transfer request http://www.waccoe.com/index.php?showtopic=169672&st=0

I'm not sure what to make of Beckford. He's developed a good reputation, but he's still stuck in League 1. Is he a bit of an under-acheiver, content to be a big fish in a small pond? Is there something wrong with his attitude that has put bigger clubs off?

I don't know, but I quite like the idea of seeing Beckford and Ranger operating together. Two good athletes who could really stretch a defence.

Was thinking the exact same thing myself. When I hear people saying that Boyd would need someone with pace alongside him I just think not another one. Don't we have enough players in our side with legs like an 80 yr old?

Guest toonlass

Yep we're signing Modric too

Along with Brett Emerton?

OMG!!!WTF!!!1111111111111111!!!!!OMG Emerton is coming, does this mean Alan Oliver is in the know :)

No, I believe initial reports were wide of the mark.