Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

These discussions kill me  :lol:

Spotting whether a player can adapt to a different league and a different environment is a dark art. Even the best managers get it wrong sometimes. Ferguson signed Veron for squillions. Wenger has Pascal Cygan and Franny Jeffers on his record and no one could deny that SBR bought a few turkeys. Benitez is the worst top manager at this by a mile.

I know that I am a complete arse when it comes to judging a player. I thought Luque would rip the Premiership apart and be the signing of the decade.  :-[ Anyway, be that as it may, I think Beckford has the talent to move up at least one division and his price and wages make him low risk if he can’t hack it in the Premiership (assuming we get there). So I’d be happy to see him in a black and white shirt.

I'd have Harewood back but only on a free. It's not our fault MON spunked £4m on him, he's never even in the top of his Gay Shiven killing form been worth that much, and right now i'd say no one in their right mind would part with cash to have him in their squad. We'd never get our £1.5m worth out of him just like MON never got his £4m, not even close - but we all knew that from the start.

These discussions kill me  :lol:

Spotting whether a player can adapt to a different league and a different environment is a dark art. Even the best managers get it wrong sometimes. Ferguson signed Veron for squillions. Wenger has Pascal Cygan and Franny Jeffers on his record and no one could deny that SBR bought a few turkeys. Benitez is the worst top manager at this by a mile.

I know that I am a complete arse when it comes to judging a player. I thought Luque would rip the Premiership apart and be the signing of the decade.  :-[ Anyway, be that as it may, I think Beckford has the talent to move up at least one division and his price and wages make him low risk if he can’t hack it in the Premiership (assuming we get there). So I’d be happy to see him in a black and white shirt.

Thats it though there is no formula, its not an exact science and its what makes the game great. You can blow millions on a player who does great abroad, they can come here and be shit, but you can then sell them to another club in the same league and they find form.

The unkown factor creates the excitement, there is so much more than just talent that go's towards making a player a success at a particular club.

I know its bad man but anything rather than read Ronaldo's crap.

Figures that you prefer to ignore the posts from someone who's probably watched Beckford more than anyone else on this board.

You're living in a fantasy world skirge, grow the fuck up man.

You don't get it do you?

I do not give a flying fk if you have seen him play every minute since he was 5, your opinion is your opinion. So you say you have seen him play more than any of us, so what man, you do not rate him and I do.

Have to agree with this. I admit I haven't seen much of Beckford, but from what i have seen he looks like he's got something about him. I wouldn't really care what stats or figures anyone chucked at me or what their opinion was. I'd still reckon that the player might make it if he showed certain qualities, and from the goals I've seen him score he's worth a punt.

12.29  According to reports in the Express & Star, Wolves have made an enquiry for Leeds United striker Jermaine Beckford, but have not offered Sam Vokes, who was on loan at Elland Road earlier in the season, as part of the deal.

I have it on very very good authority that a bid from Hull is being considered.

Reports today said Hull did not have any money to spend on signing Beckford, would kill me if that orange faced cunt got him.

Vokes is 20 and Beckford is 26.  I bet when Vokes is 26 he's better than Beckford is now.  Heck, give it a year or two.

Well he isn't at the moment and if he's going to take years to get to get to Beckford's level why bother, by the time he's good enough (if ever) we'll be selling him. Beckford has got a few years in him anyway.

Can this going down the route of many other targets under Ashley. A small bid goes in, gets rejected and another bidder comes out of leftfield and nabs the player, simply by meeting the asking price. Llambias to trot out "hey, we tried!" bullshit in the Chronicle.

Can this going down the route of many other targets under Ashley. A small bid goes in, gets rejected and another bidder comes out of leftfield and nabs the player, simply by meeting the asking price. Llambias to trot out "hey, we tried!" bullshit in the Chronicle.

That's what is going to happen.

You can almost print Llambias rubbish now- "We made a bid which we thought fully represented the value of the player. Unfortunately Leeds felt the player was worth more and we we were not prepared to be held to ransom. Chris has many other targets."

Fully agree, Beckford, Killgallon and probably Simpson will be lost this way altho Killgallon I'm not arsed about

You can almost print Llambias rubbish now- "We made a bid which we thought fully represented the value of the player. Unfortunately Leeds felt the player was worth more and we we were not prepared to be held to ransom. Chris has many other targets."

Then repeat with next target until transfer window closes.

Locked by accident (iPhone on the train, it's easy to mis-click things sometimes as I'm sure a fair few people have noticed), sorry folks.

Sorry for stifling the immense discussion with my clumsiness, more than anything.

But remember that Cacapa is miles ahead of Taylor.

And Ronaldo doesnt talk s***.

When Taylor has captained us to the quarter-finals of the champions league we'll come back and discuss that one. O0

f***ing hell your post overload of late has meant your firing a lot of s*** out & I say this as someone who likes having the odd ding dong with you. Do we as Newcastle fans really care how good Cacapa was before he played for us? I for one don't, what I do know is when he was with us I was glad he didn't play.  He was shot before he joined us, Houllier hardly played him for Lyon.

I will file Cacapa next to Aiken & Samson as a legend & leader at previous club f***ing disaster for NUFC.

I know its bad man but anything rather than read Ronaldo's crap.

Figures that you prefer to ignore the posts from someone who's probably watched Beckford more than anyone else on this board.

You're living in a fantasy world skirge, grow the f*** up man.

It's better than you're attitude of 'I KNOW I'M RIGHT, I'M ALWAYS RIGHT. I KNOW MORE ABOUT LEEDS THAN ANYONE!!! LA LA LA..."

Not really, least when I argue with it's folk there's generally something to back it up with. Skirge just does it out of romanticized optermism.

Anyone who spells optimism like that knows fuck all about the English language. Don't even bother with a comeback, I've seen nearly 500 lectures in the flesh and watched Open University loads.

:lol: