Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Youngish, English goalscorer. I'd say £4M ish. But that's essentially market value as opposed to true footballing value.

Fryatts a youngish English goalscorer.  Why would Leicester want any less for him?

Youngish, English goalscorer. I'd say £4M ish. But that's essentially market value as opposed to true footballing value.

Fryatts a youngish English goalscorer.  Why would Leicester want any less for him?

He lacks black power.

Ronaldo

Talking about valuations, as Beckford only has 6 months left on his contract, his value is, say, 2 million, how much do you think Leeds would value him if he had, say 3 years left on his contract?

A hell of a lot more than Leicester would value Fryatt, Villa would value Harewood, Rangers would value Boyd or Scunthorpe would value Hooper.

Speaking of other alternatives as strikers, what is this lad at Bristol City like? cant remember his name but I have seen someone for them score quite regularly.

Nicky Maynard? i think they have David Clarkson in all but im guesing you mean Maynard? he is a class act like

Smacks of DJ Campbell all over again. Or Freddy Eastwood. Or Ebanks-Blake. Or David Nugent.

f*** it, the longer this goes the more suspicious I get. :hmm:

Agree - how many times have we seen Newcastle involved with drawn-out transfer sagas that never materialize or the player ends up somewhere else...the longer this goes on, the less likely we are to sign Beckford - or ANYONE, because deals will be done that take the best available players we would like,to other clubs. As I said before, it used to happen right back in the 70s too.

If a club like WHU steps in for him, I reckon the deal is dead.

Ronaldo

They want 3 million for him now. If he had 3 years left, it would be at least double that.

You need to understand the basic facts about natural goalscorers and their values. It doesnt matter in which league they play, as long as they consistently score goals, they are valuable commodities and therefore I dont blame Leeds for holding out for as much as they can get. I also said at the start of this thread that the transfer of Beckford will go through this window, but not until the very last minute and probably to a struggling PL team who need a goalscorer to save them from a relegation fight. I think you will find the likes of Hull, Bolton, Wigan, WHU and Wolves in for him and willing to meet Leeds valuation as January closes and therefore he will go to the highest bidder. It will not be us.

I'm not quite so pessimistic. Yes, I'm sure Leeds will want to start an auction and it's likely that some struggling Premiership sides will become interested. They might well be able to outbid us.

However, the player has a lot of power when his contract is running out and clubs are still prepared to pay a transfer fee. Beckford seems to very much have a mind of his own and we might well be his preferred destination. Apart from anything else, I reckon we could at least match the wages of the likes of Hull or Wolves, and Beckford would be better off joining a club where the momentum was upward.

I'd also agree with Ketsbaia's SH. We all use comparisons with other players and situations to guide our thinking, but ultimately every player is an individual package and you have to simply use your judgement on what's there in front of you.

Skirge

Oh God, you have actually dropped to the depths of despair here by actua;lly quoting Tribal Football. I never thought you would stoop so low. I thought you were more intelligent than that.

My only saving grace on this issue is that maybe it was Marley the dog typing this message......................but there again, he is a top dog, isnt he?

yes, Maynard is the Bristol City player I was thinking of and whenever I have seen him play on TV, he has looked quite clinical in his finishing. However, you guys over there will know more asbout him than us over here so I will leave it up to you to judge his suitability for our team.

Skirge

I can now see the reasoning behind your desperation and as things result such as, Nuclear War, Global Warming, Armegeddon, Ronaldos posts, I can well understand your state of mind at the time.,

YOU ARE FORGIVEN

I know its bad man but anything rather than read Ronaldo's crap.

Figures that you prefer to ignore the posts from someone who's probably watched Beckford more than anyone else on this board.

You're living in a fantasy world skirge, grow the fuck up man.

Figures that you prefer to ignore the posts from someone who's probably watched Beckford more than anyone else on this board.

You're living in a fantasy world skirge, grow the f*** up man.

It's better than you're attitude of 'I KNOW I'M RIGHT, I'M ALWAYS RIGHT. I KNOW MORE ABOUT LEEDS THAN ANYONE!!! LA LA LA..."

It's better than you're attitude of 'I KNOW I'M RIGHT, I'M ALWAYS RIGHT. I KNOW MORE ABOUT LEEDS THAN ANYONE!!! LA LA LA..."

This. Fucks sake, reading this thread is utterly tedious. Ronaldo - Go out, get laid or get a job or something, you are obviously very pent up. Someone has a quote under their name that you made about us lot 'sticking together', yet you proceed to be what can only be deliberately divisive. We all have different opinions, it's football, it's not predictable hence whilst you might disagree with people attempting to belittle them and mock them because they don't share your view does you no favours whatsoever. Skirge is one of the nicest guys on this bloody board and yet you have been such a little bitch to him even he's having a go back.

Not really, least when I argue with it's folk there's generally something to back it up with. Skirge just does it out of romanticized optermism.

Guest icemanblue

Not really, least when I argue with it's folk there's generally something to back it up with. Skirge just does it out of romanticized optermism.

Anyone who spells optimism like that knows fuck all about the English language. Don't even bother with a comeback, I've seen nearly 500 lectures in the flesh and watched Open University loads.

:lol:

Here's me thinking it was it Skirge who woke at 8 this morning and decided to a go, unprovoked.

Unprovoked?! This has been coming man :lol:

Your posts are so fucking condescending at times, when in reality your arguments are just as much opinion as anyone else's, there's no more logic or 'evidence' to back it up than with mine or Skirge's posts.

Forgive me being a realist. I could come out with rubbish like 'Beckford's going to become a top premiership striker' or assert that Carroll is the next Shearer and Ranger will get 10 goals this season. Nice to think, but it isn't much a contribution to the forum imo.

Anyway, I'm out, gotta go to work to get rid of the pent-up frustration.

You're living in a fantasy world skirge, grow the fuck up man.

You don't get it do you?

I do not give a flying fk if you have seen him play every minute since he was 5, your opinion is your opinion. So you say you have seen him play more than any of us, so what man, you do not rate him and I do.

11.45  An update on Jermaine Beckford after Simon Grayson reiterated that Leeds will only sell in January if their valuation is met. Sky Bet offer 6/1 that Beckford will still be at Leeds at the close of the transfer window, while he is 1/3 to join Newcastle United.