Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think if you look at the 3 games in which dropped points at home this season, there's been an abundance of chances created and poor finishing has let us down, Carroll being particularly terrible in 2 of those 3 games.

You only have to look at http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/Shooting/0,,10794~200910278~7,00.html to see AC hitting the target is a major problem.

Look at Nolan shooting compared AC :yikes:

It still makes me chuckle a little bit at how much we rely on Nolan after what we were all saying at the back end of last season about him.  Same with Smith anarl.  Many wanted to see him fuck off, including myself.   I wonder if the same will happen with Nicky Butt next season?

No.

Interesting that they sugggest that the £1.5m bid has been neither accepted or rejected.

all this is brinkmanship from leeds they probably want to move him on as he aint going to sign a new contract but want more, while we ain't going to offer more, leeds are hoping one of these supposed prem teams that are apparently intrested meet their asking price, which i can't see either. Don't be surprised if leeds accept the 1.5m offer later in the window if it still stands as would ken bates really throw away 1.5m plus however much beckfords wages will cost for the rest of the season and lose him for nowt?

Leeds are going to sell this month but they aren't fussy who they sell to. As soon as they've lined up a replacement they'll accept the best offer on the table. It might be ours, Ashley will have to figure out whether it's worth saving a few hundred grand to risk someone else putting in a late bid.

Can't blame Leeds. Just watch - a "lesser" Prem team - like Birmingham or Stoke - will wait til the last minute to offer a tiny bit more than us.

You watch.

Stoke are more likely to go after Henry if the papers are to be believed.

Not sure where all of their money has come from like.

Really ? I don't read the rags much !

We talking about THAT Henry ? ;)

I think if you look at the 3 games in which dropped points at home this season, there's been an abundance of chances created and poor finishing has let us down, Carroll being particularly terrible in 2 of those 3 games.

Right now, to get out of this league we're a natural goalscorer away from absolute certainty, imo. The creative midfielder(s) will have to appear somewhere on the summer shopping list.

I agree completrely with this. This is why the Beckford deal is so important to us, think we need to push through now with it, even if that means going up to 1.75m for him, pretty certain Leeds would take that right now, they may still take the 1.5mill but that won't be until the very last minute and assumes no one else comes in for him.

If they reject 1.75mill,  take it off the table and focus all our efforts elsewhere and if Leeds come back cap in hand, then offer them 1.5mill assuming or tell them to piss off.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Why ppl care about Ashely's money is beyond belife... Weather he paid 1.5 mil or 3 mil. I don't care That bugger took much from this side... All I want is players here

wtf?

Yes. Hes a special player, its one of those things you just know. You just feel it. He's going to be a top class striker & if we dont get him we'll be moaning about not getting this transfer for a long time. I cannot possibly see a future in which Beckford doesnt score lots of goals for Newcastle if we got him. Its in the stars.

If im wrong i will personally walk the length of the country wearing nothing but a leeds FC headband & then completely backtrack and avoid doing it. I promise you now.

Half a transfer window squabbling over a few hundred k on a third division player. We clearly mean business.

Meanwhile Kilgallon goes back on a certain move here, Simpson says he wants to sign full time and Sir Alex says it's ok, but still half way through and he hasn't signed yet, Harewood has left the club, along with Zurab. And to top it all off we manage to hang onto our biggest waste of space bar Butt, in Geremi.

I did say nothing would be done within the first 2 weeks though, and to be honest I actually think nothing will untill the last few days of the of the window itself, however I gave myself some more breathing space.

I have a sneaky feeling that many are going to be disappointed with the non-signing of Becky.

How we are going to be gazumped by a (temporarily) Prem side on attendances a third of ours.

But can't blame Hughton for not wanting to play Leeds game, nor Leeds for wanting as much as possible for their top attraction.