Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am just afraid after this much publicized effort to sign Becks what will happen if we fail to sign him?  With games come thick and fast it is hard to imagin what the next 4 to 6 weeks represent...

Hopefully Shola doesn't get crocked as if he does (and he is prone too) we're fucked.

We wouldn't be fucked at all. It'd make things difficult, absolutely, but we wouldn't be fucked.

With only Carroll, L'krands and Ranger (poss Nolan) i wouldn't fancy our chances of going up.

All are fairly erratic infront of goal and even though Shola is shit he still can conjour up a little bit of magic & extra know how at this level.

CHRIS HUGHTON BORED OVER JERMAINE BECKFORD BATTLE

I know the feeling Chris

1 goal vs Man Ure and they start fkn about, its pathetic these so called grown men in the football world. See through childish crap to try and get more money, who will spit thier dummy first?

leeds want to look at the bigger picture, they are being offerd £1.5m for a player in the 3rd division of the English football league who is out of contract in the summer, now enough with the were Leeds and were hanigng onto him because were a big club and he's a big player, agree to let him go for that price. Theirs players in the Premier League who are leaving for less then that because their contract is up at the end of the season.

“We’d prefer to do our business early, but it doesn’t always happen like that and that’s the frustration the window brings. There comes a time when we’ll have to look elsewhere.”

Aye good luck Chris.

You cannot really blame Leeds for holding out for as much as they can get for him. I said a while back that this transfer would not be completed, one way or the other, until the end of the month.

If it is true Wolves are in for him, then it will be interesting to see who cracks first and I dont think it will be us. Wolves need a goalscorer to avoid relegation. It will be interesting to see if Beckford is more interested in a relegation battle or a top of the championship team. Leeds might accept Wolves offer but Beckford couild tell them to get stuffed.

Guest Roger Kint

You cannot really blame Leeds for holding out for as much as they can get for him. I said a while back that this transfer would not be completed, one way or the other, until the end of the month.

If it is true Wolves are in for him, then it will be interesting to see who cracks first and I dont think it will be us. Wolves need a goalscorer to avoid relegation. It will be interesting to see if Beckford is more interested in a relegation battle or a top of the championship team. Leeds might accept Wolves offer but Beckford couild tell them to get stuffed.

Ebanks-Blake & Doyle > Beckford

By a long shot

Scunthorpe failed in signing Beckford by £50k when he first went back to Leeds!!

Look where Scunny are now in comparison to Leeds...

About 6 places higher?

They finished as Champions of League 1 the season Beckford played for them, but Leeds were in the whole "administration" phase, so any potential transfers were delayed. Scunny bid £250k for him, but Leeds said he could only go if they got £300k.

I am just afraid after this much publicized effort to sign Becks what will happen if we fail to sign him?  With games come thick and fast it is hard to imagin what the next 4 to 6 weeks represent...

Hopefully Shola doesn't get crocked as if he does (and he is prone too) we're fucked.

I assume we could do another 'emergency' loan deal after the transfer window closes. Depending on how some Premiership clubs do in the cups we could end up loaning a 'promising' young striker from the likes of Arsenal, Man U, etc.

Guest johnson293

Hopefully Shola doesn't get crocked as if he does (and he is prone too) we're f***ed.

I assume we could do another 'emergency' loan deal after the transfer window closes. Depending on how some Premiership clubs do in the cups we could end up loaning a 'promising' young striker from the likes of Arsenal, Man U, etc.

Remeber seeing this in the NOTW on Sunday...

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/match_reports/championship/667751/VILLA-OFFER-STRIKER-TO-NEWCASTLE.html

ASTON VILLA have offered striker Marlon Harewood to Newcastle for a cut-price £1.5million.

Harewood, 31, scored five goals during a loan spell at St James' Park but was sent back when Villa demanded a loan fee on top of the £28,000-a-week wages they were paying.

Villa acted after realising Magpies were chasing Leeds striker Jermaine Beckford instead of going for their man.

They have pitched the asking price at the same level as Beckford's current worth in the hope Newcastle will pick the experienced Harewood instead.

Hull are also monitoring the forward's situation but have yet to make a formal bid.

Sorry if its been posted already.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/01/12/nufc-deny-chase-for-striker-rickie-lambert-72703-25580618/

NUFC deny chase for striker Rickie Lambert

Jan 12 2010 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

CHRIS HUGHTON has ruled out a move for Southampton star Rickie Lambert.

The Scouse striker has been in red-hot form for the Saints this season, and bagged 17 goals for Alan Pardew’s side.

This has resulted in talk from the south coast that Lambert has been the subject of a possible loan raid with a view to a cash signing at the end of the season for the former Bristol Rovers man, as Hughton mulls over other possible options in case a move for Jermaine Beckford collapses.

However, while Hughton revealed his admiration for the 6ft 2in Scouser, he said he had no intention of signing the 27-year-old.

He told the Chronicle: “We aren’t looking to bring Rickie here.

“He is a very good player and one who is doing well this season, like he did last, but not one we are looking at.”

The move for Beckford has been put into further doubt after it emerged that the non-league side Wealdstone – where Leeds signed the Londoner from – will qualify for a 20% cut of any potential transfer fee, with the Elland Road side pushing for a figure of over £2m.

Should Hughton fail to land Beckford, he insists he has a Plan B and when pressed on the subject he said: “The ideal scenario is that you want to get in what you need as quickly as you can. You would like to get them in on January 1.

“That way they can bed in, but on most occasions it doesn’t happen like that.

“I think we are fortunate that we haven’t had many injuries and it is a tight squad.

“We don’t need to bring a lot of new faces in, I don’t need to bring in four or five players, that wouldn’t be right.”

Hughton can turn to the loan window again in February if he fails to land cash signings in January.

He said: “There are managers who won’t let players out from now until May.

“But they may let somebody out for a month with a view to extending it.

“There are other options and we can’t afford to drive ourselves mad over transfers or the fact that we haven’t landed our targets yet.”