Jermaine Beckford signs for Everton. Yey!

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I await Hughton and co praising the current squad and the quality of our strikers. It will probably come at the end of the month though. We will go from needing to bring players in, to 'we only wanted to bring in players of a certain quality' and other gash excuses. We will sign nobody decent.

I await Hughton and co praising the current squad and the quality of our strikers. It will probably come at the end of the month though. We will go from needing to bring players in, to 'we only wanted to bring in players of a certain quality' and other gash excuses. We will sign nobody decent.

Hughton will tell us what the players committee allows him to tell us.

i feel the real reason we havent signed beckford is the fa cup match at ole trafford. turned everything on its head and leeds started getting arsey/cockey. do feel they had a replacement lined up but got greedy thinking clubs would line up to pay £2m+. when that didnt happen ken bates' pride took over and he didnt want to seem weak and accept the original 1.5m

So will the Leeds fans still think he's a c*** for handing in a transfer request or is all forgiven now that no-one wants to meet his asking price?

My guess is that they'll forgive him, like we did with Given.

I still wouldn't be at all surprised if we signed him in the next 2 weeks. It's blatantly a tactic to lift team/club morale, this coming out today.

also could be tactic to say to any clubs interested "see ha he isnt desperately trying to get out so if you want him thats 3m plus please"

Guest toonlass

Leeds cutting their noses off to spite their faces. £1.5 million would have got them a Championship level striker, and he can leave for nowt in the summer.  :lol:

I agree, I will be disappointed if we don't get another striker because I think we really need one but I don't think we should be paying over the odds either and £1.5m for Beckford is more than good enough.

My worry is we don't do plan B very well these days.

I agree, I will be disappointed if we don't get another striker because I think we really need one but I don't think we should be paying over the odds either.

Has he actually signed a new contract at Leeds or just decided to stay until seasons end ?

Either way, makes it a bit less likely we'll get the lad now.

My guess is someone somewhere, probably in the top half of Prem, has had a little word with him off the record, promising him a place, and looking a LOT better deal than NUFC.

I agree, I will be disappointed if we don't get another striker because I think we really need one but I don't think we should be paying over the odds either and £1.5m for Beckford is more than good enough.

plan b marlon harewood

Guest michaelfoster

good, not worth anything more than £1.5m as his contract only has 6 months left for a player whos got 6 months left on his contract. He's a arrogant c*nt too so would probably unsettle the squad

I agree, I will be disappointed if we don't get another striker because I think we really need one but I don't think we should be paying over the odds either.

Has he actually signed a new contract at Leeds or just decided to stay until seasons end ?

My guess is someone somewhere, probably in the top half of Prem, has had a little word with him off the record, promising him a place, and looking a LOT better deal than NUFC.

He's just withdrawn his transfer request and said he wants to stay. Hasn't signed a contract.

plan b marlon harewood

Or - as we are always good for some crazy moves in the transfer window - we will resign Viduka on a free on the last day of the window on a deal to the end of the season which will earn him a place in the socceroos squad for the world cup and will get us promotion

:coolsmiley:  O0

plan b marlon harewood

Would be nice.

He's just withdrawn his transfer request and said he wants to stay. Hasn't signed a contract.

so basically the situation stays the same if someone offers leeds stupid money he'll go