Michael Chopra to return?

lovejoy

Guest WashyGeordie

We have to remember we are a budget team now, if thats all we can afford then so be it.

I bet he'd still cost about £5million.

It's not as if i believe the rumour, it's just what i heard yesterday before the match, but i just don't think Ashley will folk out £5mil + for Chopra, or for anyone for that matter.

*Only if he sells someone and makes a profit.

Guest toonlass

No thanks

Michael Chopra, are you listening

You scored a goal, down at Sunderland

You're not welcome home, you sold your soul

Now you're just a mackem arsehole!

Don't think any of our forwards are good enough to deliver consistently in the premiership, but signing another one of them isn't the answer.

Cant see pork pie splashing 5 mil on a championship player.

Don't think any of our forwards are good enough to deliver consistently in the premiership, but signing another one of them isn't the answer.

Cant see pork pie splashing 5 mil on a championship player.

And in this case, I wouldn't blame him.

People are forgetting those glaring misses against us which were blatantly intentional. Not sticking up for him and putting his kid in a Sunderland jersey is disgusting, but he's always maintained in the media his love for the Toon. Lee Clarke also played for them and is still welcomed back. And those misses were like hidden roses, I think. Or that he's truly shit.

People are forgetting those glaring misses against us which were blatantly intentional. Not sticking up for him and putting his kid in a Sunderland jersey is disgusting, but he's always maintained in the media his love for the Toon. Lee Clarke also played for them and is still welcomed back. And those misses were like hidden roses, I think. Or that he's truly shit.

:nods: I was just going to mention the intentional miss.

Guest Roger Kint

He is a player i think Hughton would try and sign, however there are alot of reasons why it won't happen.

Like the fact they paid something like £5m 6 months ago for him? How do people expect us to sign him, and even if we did shatter all reality in January why would we spend so much on a player who isnt worth the money if/when we go up?

Guest Heneage

I don't think he's been anti Newcastle, he's never had a go at us to my knowledge, when you compare him with Craig 'I loved the fans' Bellamy who celebrates everytime he scores against us.

Doesnt bother me much atall that he played for Sunderland.

Bothers me that he seems like he's easily effected by things mentally. He obviously has the ability to score goals & lots of them when he gets going at this level atleast, having periods when he then gets none atall is a bad sign. Our club would be far from the right choice for someone who obviously cant deal well with pressure & expectancy.

People are forgetting those glaring misses against us which were blatantly intentional. Not sticking up for him and putting his kid in a Sunderland jersey is disgusting, but he's always maintained in the media his love for the Toon. Lee Clark also played for them and is still welcomed back. And those misses were like hidden roses, I think. Or that he's truly shit.

http://www.offthepost.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/lee-clark-sad-mackem-bastards-t-shirt.jpg

:fwap:

Don't think he will come (not impossible but don't think it's likely). Chopra's release clause is something like 2.5 million and I think Hughton prefers other options (like Beckford).

Guest Stephen927

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Chopra's failure at Sunderland was down to the few starts he had in the team. He scored a few for them at the beginning of the season when he was in the first 11.

He played a lot of his games in the Premier League with Sunderland on the right wing.

Guest samjack

Correct me if i'm wrong but i think most of his PL matches with us were with Shearer, i reckon anyone playing alongside him especially a young local lad would have been slightly in awe of him & so probably would'nt have been playing at full potential....

I reckon all this bollocks about playing for the scum & therefore not being welcome back is pathetic & in my book i reckon he would get an absolute hatfull in this league in our team & in the PL i still think he's a player who would give us a decent return.

Still don't think this would ever happen tho for various reasons....but if it did i would welcome him back with optomism !