Gary Megson Leaves Bolton - SSN

Guest neesy111

Teams like Bolton really add nothing to the Premier League and hopefuly this year will see them finally down.

they are one of the sides that appear able to get what we keep struggling to find,.. players prepared to work, instead of big time charlies.

Guest Roger Kint

Not surprised, did a good job with fook all. Less resources than most clubs. Sold key players like Anelka and Nolan without reinvesting in the squad. All that added to the fact he wasn't popular. Hope they get a taste of their own medicine and suffer with a new manager.

Megson should take the Preston job and get them up, plenty of experience which will see them go up.

Since selling Anelka(and later Nolan) he bought Elmander for £10m, Taylor for £4m, Cahill for £5m(i think), Muamba for £5m, Knight for £4m, Steinsen for £3.5m, Rickets for £2m, Shittu for £2m, Lee for £2.2m and Mustafa, Davies, Cohen etc for about £3m combined.

Hardly not reinvesting to be fair, i know a club which makes healthy profits in such matters :shifty:

Might put a cheeky bet on Mark Hughes going to Bolton

Why are bets these days always irritatingly referred to as "cheeky"? As in "ooh i've got a cheeky tenner on Spain to win the World Cup!"

One of my pet peeves.

Guest Roger Kint

To be fair I quite respect the Bolton fans for hounding him out. They've never liked him, think he plays even less football than Allardyce did and he's spent a lot more money than people seem to remember. Even when winning games they've given him dogs abuse and rightly or wrongly, sure people will argue if affects the team, they made their feelings known throughout.

I like that they get away with far worse than what our fans did, thats about it

I believe this is what he looked like upon receiving the news...

http://www.daemonstv.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/nup_116909_0635.thumbnail.JPG

a few weeks on and it still makes me laugh haha. the resemblance is uncanny (personality wise, too).

megson is terrible, the fans hated him from the start, he's boring and his team is struggling.....why did this take so long??

I believe this is what he looked like upon receiving the news...

http://www.daemonstv.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/nup_116909_0635.thumbnail.JPG

a few weeks on and it still makes me laugh haha. the resemblance is uncanny (personality wise, too).

megson is terrible, the fans hated him from the start, he's boring a

nd his team is struggling.....why did this take so long??

Because he saved them from relegation when he first went there.

Tbh for the amount of stick we get about expectingf to much and being too demanding the Bolton fans are 10X as worse. They didnt like him when he was appointed and despite them looking pretty much doomed when he came in he got them out of trouble but they they never took to him. They have been constantly on his back since he took over.

It was impossible for him this season, it got to the point where if they wernt ahead of playing champagne football in the first 10 mins the fans would get on the players back and start booing, must be absolutely impossible to play under, I wouldnt like to place the blame on the fans but they certainly havn't helped them. They were doing it last season aswell and they were relitively safe, your fucking Bolton ffs man.  Ok, their 3rd bottom but they're unbeaten in 6 games and they've got 2 games in hand.

It annoys me when we get the reputation of causing our own club probelms, being overdemanding and putting too much pressure on the manager when you've got a set of fans like this.

I honestly really do hope Bolton go down, their fans absolutely deserve it tbh.

Guest firetotheworks

I've got a soft spot for Burnley, but Im not sure they have enough up front to stay up. Much like West Brom had. Imo if West Brom/Burnley had just one player like Darren Bent they'd be a mid-table PL team.