Portsmouth FC in yet more trouble - administration again?

GG

While we're touching on this subject - if the Premiership and Championship normally relegate 3, why does League One relegate 4? Always found it a bit weird, because theres still just 24 teams.

4 teams get promoted from league 2.

While we're touching on this subject - if the Premiership and Championship normally relegate 3, why does League One relegate 4? Always found it a bit weird, because theres still just 24 teams.

4 teams get promoted from league 2.

Yeh, but why isn't league one/league two just 3 down/3 up as well? I might've brought this up in the past, actually.

"We've been running the club on a shoestring"

pmsl. I don't know how this bullshitter was allowed back into the game after Swindon or why the Fl stand by as they get messed about by Chanrai's game.

2 to get relegated from the Championship, shirley?

:thup:

1 Less from Premiership relegated, 3 up from Championship.

1 Less from Championship relegated, 3 up from League 1

and so on.

You don't see a problem here ?

and so on.

I see some law suits arising if that happens.

How does it give us a better chance of staying up?

Because fewer teams might go down.

How does losing a team in the Championship mean fewer teams would be relegated from the Premier League? The Championship will still promote three and receive three from the Premier League. The Championship will need to have an extra team added to it and it would come from the lower league. It will have no effect on Premier League teams, as far as I can see.

2 go down from the premier, one extra promoted from each league starting with a conference team.

How the fuck would that work?

The Championship goes a team short, so we don't send a 3rd one down which will make it 2 teams short, then another team from League one will come up which will still put the Championship in the spot of being a team short still.

3 down from the Prem and an extra 1 up on all the leagues bar the Championship which still sends 3 up.

Either that or make the Championship a 23 team league.

Or give Milton Keynes or some area around London a place in the league just for the hell of it?

and so on.

I see some law suits arising if that happens.

Nah, Warnock's on the way up :D

Must still be 3 down from the Prem really. Anything else makes the Championship even smaller

Guest neesy111

Gaydmak has so much to answer for, he was the one that got them so much into debt and now he's asking for unreasonable demands, the guy deserves a beating of all of the pompey fans.

I think Jonny is right and it wouldn't make any difference to teams going down as the only way that could happen is if only two came up and that wouldn't be fair.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the Prem went frm 22 to 20 teams didn't three go down and one come up? I remember Wolves being ripped off during that changeover season (I could be mistaken though)

The point being that "fair" doesn't mean shit, really. Expediency and money - that's what counts. And if Liverpool ends up 18th, you know which way the wind will blow!

The wording of the statement leads me to wonder if this is a last second ploy to save the club.

As I said, they were out to expose Gaydamark and plea for sympathy. It is desperate, but it has worked for them.

What happens to Kanu/the rest of their players? Are they released immediately? do they have some form of contract insurance so they collect the money they are owed?

'You're always going on about Nwankwo Kanu, you're never going to meet him.'

:lol: I've actually met him several times.

The wording of the statement leads me to wonder if this is a last second ploy to save the club.

As I said, they were out to expose Gaydamark and plea for sympathy. It is desperate, but it has worked for them.

What happens to Kanu/the rest of their players? Are they released immediately? do they have some form of contract insurance so they collect the money they are owed?

'You're always going on about Nwankwo Kanu, you're never going to meet him.'

:lol: I've actually met him several times.

Have you met Benjamin Netanyahu too?