Transfer Window Predictions

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've never really rated Guthrie and thought he was poor last season opposed to what many supporters seem to think. This season however he has been doing a decent job for us and is the player in our squad with the league game assists (8 in 17 games, Jonas has 6 in 19) so you can't  complain over his assist/game ratio. Still I think he's wasted out wide as he clearly isn't perfectly comfortable there. He doesn't really have the pace or technical ability to dribble past players and often drifts inwards to Smith-Nolan narrowing our attacking options when he should be stretching their defense. Maybe that is something what Hughton has told him to do, I don't know, but in any case I've often found myself cursing Guthrie for being so anonymous only for him to deliver a perfect cross leading to a goal few minutes later.

I'd definitely prefer us fielding a fast and technical natural winger on the right but seeing how Ashley won't spend a dime this transfer window, I say we should stick with Guthrie. As much as I love Nobby, he is 35 years old and people really need to stop with all the nostalgia bullshit.  After the relegation I thought most people here wanted to stop relying on yesterday's men and build up for the future, well legend or not Solano is clearly past his best and isn't the future.

RONALDO

By the looks of it, I seem to have seen more games than you if you think Guthrie is our most creative player. He isnt even a regular starter, is he? (Shakes head here in dismay)

If Guthrie was as good as you are making him ouit to be, he would be playing every week, wouldnt he?

Butt has played half our games man. :lol:

Seriously, just stop it.

RONALDO

By the looks of it, I seem to have seen more games than you if you think Guthrie is our most creative player. He isnt even a regular starter, is he? (Shakes head here in dismay)

If Guthrie was as good as you are making him ouit to be, he would be playing every week, wouldnt he?

Despite not being a regular starter Guthrie has more assists in the league than anyone else in our squad.

RONALDO

Seriously, just stop it.

Butt has started 8 of the 24 league games we have played so far.

RONALDO

Seriously, just stop it.

yeah but never let a scapegoat get an even break.

RONALDO

Seriously, just stop it.

He's played in 15 games in total, and not many have been 10 minute cameo appearances.

My point being, it us unfair to judge Guthrie on the fact he isn't being picked, we all know he's a better option than Butt, he's just an easy target for Hughton to drop and appease the senior players.

Ian

I just dont think he is quality enough for the premiership and in the games I have seen him this season, he hasnt really impressed me. If he is our creative link, we are in serious trouble. I dont really rate the lad that much and see him more of a squad player at best. Just my opinion, of course.

Okay so we didn't manage to get Beckford in. How about a loan move for Gio Dos Santos of Spurs? He'd be a good option upfront, and could be a potential signing if he does well and we end up back in the premier league.

We've already seen Boateng make a huge leap since being given a chance outside of Tottenham, and the same could even be said for Kaboul too, and even O'Hara. Would really like us to try for Gio who also did well while on loan at Ipswich last season lets not forget.

Would be a far more intriguing and potentially fruitful move than bringing Harewood back.

i think we'll bring some players in, all new players, all new players will come in.

i also think we'll sell some players, some old players, instead of the new ones we just bought, we will sell the old ones.

we will then have a super team.

not like superheroes, just a super team.

and the new rise of NUFC will follow.

TOON TOON! WHITE AND BLACK ARMY!

Hilde S.

:facepalm:

(Smith's biggest fan)

:dowie:

(i had Carroll last night)

:kinnear:

(I LOOK LIKE THAT).

Ian

I just dont think he is quality enough for the premiership and in the games I have seen him this season, he hasnt really impressed me. If he is our creative link, we are in serious trouble. I dont really rate the lad that much and see him more of a squad player at best. Just my opinion, of course.

Were not in the premiership  :facepalm:

i think we'll bring some players in, all new players, all new players will come in.

i also think we'll sell some players, some old players, instead of the new ones we just bought, we will sell the old ones.

we will then have a super team.

not like superheroes, just a super team.

and the new rise of NUFC will follow.

TOON TOON! WHITE AND BLACK ARMY!

Hilde S.

:facepalm:

(Smith's biggest fan)

:dowie:

(i had Carroll last night)

:kinnear:

(I LOOK LIKE THAT).

:lol:

We really should have brought in new players by now. I know we haven't been losing games, but all these draws are killing us. We've let go a sizable lead at the top. Ashley is one brave (and by that I mean stupid) man if he gambles on not bringing in some quality players to get us back in the Premiership.

I'm losing hope that Ashley has learned his lesson in the transfer market. My prediction stands that we won't do enough in the market and they'll start spinning Barton's return from injury as "just like getting a new player" when he's fit.

• 2 years later...

Colo is released, accidentally flies to London where Harry is lurking. 24 hours later he's signing a 5 year £160k a week deal as their new captain.

Krul hands in a transfer request after Pardew accidentally sleeps with him.

HBA goes missing, never to be found again. Rumoured sightings in Borneo unconfirmed.

Cisse breaks his leg in a freak water polo accident.

Cabaye and Debuchy have a massive row after Cabaye picks up the wrong cheese, both refuse to play in the same side.