Newcastle United vs. West Bromwich Albion Mon. Jan. 18th 2010 7.45 pm KO

Incognito

Great news! if true...

http://www.clubcall.com/newcastle-united/toon-forward-makes-shock-return-1008376.html

Toon forward makes shock return

Newcastle United, 16:31, January 18, 2010

Peter Lovenkrands could play for Newcastle in their clash against West Brom despite the death of his father at the weekend.

The Danish striker has refused to rule himself out for the visit of the Baggies on Monday night and will be given as long as possible to decide whether he wants to play after his father lost a long-term battle with illness.

In other team news Newcastle manager Chris Hughton is set to bring back the big names after rotating his squad for the FA Cup third round replay against Plymouth on Wednesday.

Alan Smith should make his return from the eye injury he picked up against the Pilgrims, while Danny Simpson could play his last game before his loan spells expires and he returns to Manchester United.

Joey Barton remains Hughton's only injury concern but he is approaching a full comeback from a foot problem and should be available soon.

Betfair is a bit different to your normal bookie; they actually want you to win. Instead of a bookmaker setting the odds, their customers do. That means you. And because you compete against each other, you get better odds. Up to 20% better odds in fact. You can either make a back bet (bet on who's going to win) or place a lay bet (bet against something happening). Betfair matches people on either side of the bet with the odds they agree. Simple. Use this £25 free bet and give it a try.

I think their arses will squeak more than ours, 2-0 win to us.

WBA are under far more pressure than us, we don't really HAVE to win, whereas they pretty much need to. I hope Hughton has the balls to go for it though. We can bury their promotion hopes tonight if we do.

Guest neesy111

apparently albion's defence is a shambles at the moment, if we start postitve and with the right starting line-up should win 3-1 imo

colo to score first

I'm going to be well f***ed off if it's Carroll and Shola up front.

Then who do you want instead?

Ameobi and Nolan

Ameobi and Ranger

either or.

edit: assuming Lovenkrands doesn't start the game.

I'm fairly sure that's what he'll go for. Personally I'd go with Guthrie in the centre with Smith, and Shola up front with Nolan.

However, there's about as much chance of that happening as there is of Skirge starting the match at centre-back.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Unless Lövenkrands is back, I can't see there being any other partnership than Ameobi and Carroll.

What is the difference between 'ø' and 'ö' ?

one has a line through the other has 2 dots over it?

I'm going to be well f***ed off if it's Carroll and Shola up front.

Then who do you want instead?

Ameobi and Nolan

Ameobi and Ranger

either or.

Nolan never plays well behind a sole striker and he'll be even worse behind Shola.  Carroll isn't that much of a goal threat at the moment but he's more of one than Ranger.

Ideally, we'd probably play Lovenkrands-Shola but that doesn't look like its happening.