The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wonder when Ashley might think about giving him a new contract? If we stay up with this squad it'll be a minor miracle considering we've done mainly bargain basement shopping. Look at the prices paid for Villa's squad for example.

One game so I don't expect the doubters to fully surrender their uber negative posts but those whinging like fuck before this game (as I did a bit) should really hold their hands up in here rather than waiting out for the next negative result to tell us "we told you so".

I expected a 6-0 win against Villa more than certain posters to give him praise though tbf.

I'm thoroughly embarrassed of my posts after seeing the line-up btw. What a wanker. :lol:

:blush:

I was the same mate and I am normally Hughton's lesbian life partner. It's just sad knowing how active this thread would have been if we had lost (not even thinking about a 6-0 loss).

It's also dis-heartening how my first thought when the commentator mentioned earlier on how good a job he had done was "I bet a few scoffed at that".

Today was a freak result but it's a real shame some won't even comment but as soon as the next bad result comes this thread will go mad again :(

Seeing as there's this paranoia about him not getting praise for good results, thought I'd put myself on record - I like him. Got a lot of time for him as a manager. Don't really have a clue where all this is going to end up, mind... But actually, that's quite a positive thing to say, when I think about it - I'm not putting any limits on my expectations of him.

I was the same mate and I am normally Hughton's lesbian life partner. It's just sad knowing how active this thread would have been if we had lost (not even thinking about a 6-0 loss).

It's also dis-heartening how my first thought when the commentator mentioned earlier on how good a job he had done was "I bet a few scoffed at that".

Today was a freak result but it's a real shame some won't even comment but as soon as the next bad result comes this thread will go mad again :(

Did well today, despite as you say it obviously being a bit of a freak result.

I'd said before the game I didn't think we should start one up front today, and I still don't think it's a tactic I think we should stick with, especially at home.  He can take the credit for it today though, so long as he accepts the criticism if he sticks with it when it isn't working. 

Nolan, Smith & Barton all did well through the middle today which was a major factor in the result, but the problem is that's the first time I can ever remember saying that about the three of them at the same time.

The other thing which impressed me was that despite Carroll completely dominating their forwards, we didn't continually use the long ball tactic which we often have in the past and mixed the play up really well.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The fact that he encouraged the team forwards after the break speaks absolute volumes for me. The best form of defense is counter attack and all that!

Great start for him, he deserves it!

I don't necessarily agree with 4-5-1, but I can understand why he goes for it in a way.

I've got a lot of time for CH, he's everything we haven't historically had much of around NUFC - knows the game inside out, quiet and understated, gets on with the job.

Although part of it is probably because he's grateful for such a big job, he deserves a medal for the way he's handled himself during the Ashley regime.

The fact that he encouraged the team forwards after the break speaks absolute volumes for me. The best form of defense is counter attack and all that!

Great start for him, he deserves it!

Yep, i totally agree.  Would have been easy to sit back and try to mop up but as Newcastle I dont think that has ever done us any good in past.

Hughton has won me over... I never thought he could ever take us forward, I have alway doubted his ability as a manager. but now I'm starting to think that he's the only man for the job! He's been here in our darkest time and brought us back... Realy think he has made this team what it is... and you can tell, that the players want to win for him.

Well done Hughton. you deserve praise for the job you have done!

Got it absolutely spot on today. :)

We look much more of a 'team' these days and Hughton's got to take a lot of the credit for that. Hat's off.  :clap:

Aye. He's quite a likeable chap too.

Hughton has won me over...

I'd have to say me too tbh.  He's old school football, keep things quiet and in house.  Don't demolish your players to the media etc.

Watching Xisco play yesterday just made me think his approach is paying dividends.

Nice stable season under Hughton would do us well and hopefully set the tone for nice steady progression, assuming Tiote (sp)m isn't the start and end of the investment. 

I'd like to see him phase in Vuckic more and more as the season progresses, sounds like we're gonna need to start playing the lad sooner rather than later or risk pissing him off.

Hughton has won me over...

I'd have to say me too tbh.  He's old school football, keep things quiet and in house.  Don't demolish your players to the media etc.

Watching Xisco play yesterday just made me think his approach is paying dividends.

Nice stable season under Hughton would do us well and hopefully set the tone for nice steady progression, assuming Tiote (sp)m isn't the start and end of the investment. 

I'd like to see him phase in Vuckic more and more as the season progresses, sounds like we're gonna need to start playing the lad sooner rather than later or risk pissing him off.

Should start on Wednesday in his preferred position. :nods:

I don't necessarily agree with 4-5-1, but I can understand why he goes for it in a way.

I've got a lot of time for CH, he's everything we haven't historically had much of around NUFC - knows the game inside out, quiet and understated, gets on with the job.

Although part of it is probably because he's grateful for such a big job, he deserves a medal for the way he's handled himself during the Ashley regime.

It isn't 4-5-1.

It isn't 4-5-1.

Whatever, "4-4-1-1 with a slightly deeper lying 1 than would normally be found in the 4-4-1-1".

Think that's the technical term for it.