The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's going to be interesting because if we take Ben Arfa's word for it, Hughton promised him a playmaker role which would mean Nolan would probably drop back deep if he even gets a game at all. I think Hughton will surprise a few people tbh, he droppped Nolan back into midfield yesterday, showing his place 'upfront' is not as stable as it seems and it's not as if we don't have any replacements for captain, with both Barton and Coloccini taking the armband last season.

That's even worse! Nolan in centre midfield is twice as bad as Nolan in the supporting striker role!

It's going to be interesting because if we take Ben Arfa's word for it, Hughton promised him a playmaker role which would mean Nolan would probably drop back deep if he even gets a game at all. I think Hughton will surprise a few people tbh, he droppped Nolan back into midfield yesterday, showing his place 'upfront' is not as stable as it seems and it's not as if we don't have any replacements for captain, with both Barton and Coloccini taking the armband last season.

That's even worse! Nolan in centre midfield is twice as bad as Nolan in the supporting striker role!

That is worse but imo it won't happen, i was just showing that Nolan's place upfront is under threat. In midfield we have Barton, who i think Hughton sees as our driving force and Tiote, who we paid a hefty (in relation to our financial spending) fee for, will not be a bench man.

Guest neesy111

One Huge Problem I have with Hughton is why isn't he not doing anything to make sure Nolan is going to fitter.

I'm sure some managers actually fined their players for being overweight, and would be putting them onto stricter fitness plans.

Don't think this has been posted.. from the Sunday Sun.

"Have I enjoyed it? Um, I suppose, well, I would have to say it would be yes, overall. Maybe not everything.

"The best way to put it is that I’ve enjoyed the challenge of being Newcastle United manager. The pressures and stresses of being a manager make it very difficult to enjoy it fully because you’re always on the go and always dealing with one thing or another. That is the nature of the job.

“But certainly I’ve enjoyed the challenge. And I think I have enjoyed the response of this group of players to the challenge.

“That has given me the most enjoyment, seeing a good group of players come back from where they were at the beginning of last season.

"I don’t mind being more high profile. I’m OK with that. Would I prefer to do less of the media work? Well, yes – I think every manager will tell you they would like to spend all of their time on the training pitch, but it is part and parcel of the job when you manage a big club.

"You have to understand the responsibilities of things like talking to fans because they are important. It’s never something that I would stop doing, even though it probably doesn’t come that easily to me.

"In some ways it has gone very quick and in other ways it has gone very slow. That’s because of the highs and lows – when you’re in the thick of it, it can be tough. You enjoy the highs but you can’t enjoy them for long.

"As soon as you win, you’re back focusing on the next game. You don’t get a minute to enjoy it really. What I’ve been fortunate with is that we’ve had more good times than bad times since I’ve been here.”

So is he shit again now? I can't keep up with the wild swings of hyperbole whenever anything happens.

He fuked up royally at the weekend imo, not for team selection but for not being able to change the game properly.

One good thing about Hughton is he learning and he does learn from most of his mistakes. Fingers crossed its all taken on board, though Everton selection is going to cause him headaches and I won't be judging him on what he does there.

So is he shit again now? I can't keep up with the wild swings of hyperbole whenever anything happens.

He fuked up royally at the weekend imo, not for team selection but for not being able to change the game properly.

One good thing about Hughton is he learning and he does learn from most of his mistakes. Fingers crossed its all taken on board, though Everton selection is going to cause him headaches and I won't be judging him on what he does there.

Aye he's conservative in the extreme, that much is true. Hopefully he'll learn conservative won't keep us up. Time will tell.

Guest malandro

I thought he has a been a passenger in all 3 of our games so far. He just stays in the centre circle all game

Probably following his manager’s instructions. 

Absolute nonsense. Smith was invisible against Wolves but for a few typically misplaced passes. He doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the team.

Anywhere near the team? Guthrie injured and Tiote only been available for the Blackpool game who would you have picked?

He didn't have to play a DM. We were at home against Blackpool.

Agreed. He could have got away with playing Vuckic in the middle with Barton from the start. We really need to step up a little bit with his development. You can't keep them in cotton wool for too long. Would have given the lad some good experience.

He didn't have to play a DM. We were at home against Blackpool.

The alternative was Nolan and people moan when he plays CM.

People moan whatever fucking happens.