The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maybe it's because they are better than all the rest by a country mile? It's not impossible to disrespect your boss and still put in a good shift.

Let's ask Jose Enrique again shall we.

Jose, What's the gaffer like?

“The training with the players is very different with him and I like him because his training sessions are so good.

“I cannot believe how hard he works.

“He seems to spend 24 hours every day at the club.

“He is so dedicated to the job and gives his all.

“He is thinking about the games all the time, watches the videos and is so thorough in his preparations. The players respect him so much.”

Thanks, for clearing things up, sorry for having to drag up old articles. Cheers Jose.

Maybe it's because they are better than all the rest by a country mile? It's not impossible to disrespect your boss and still put in a good shift.

“The training with the players is very different with him and I like him because his training sessions are so good.

“He is thinking about the games all the time, watches the videos and is so thorough in his preparations. The players respect him so much.”

Thanks, for clearing things up, sorry for having to drag up old articles. Cheers Jose.

He's clearly talking about Nolan there though. ???

“I cannot believe how hard he works."

Nee chance.

The training with the players is very different with him and I like him because his training sessions are so good.

I cannot believe how hard he works.

He seems to spend 24 hours every day at the club.

He is so dedicated to the job and gives his all.

He is thinking about the games all the time, watches the videos and is so thorough in his preparations. The players respect him so much.

I cannot believe how hard he works."

Nee chance.

There was an interview with Carroll in one of the programmes last season and he did actually say Nolan was the hardest worker in training so you never know.... :lol:

@Ronaldo So really it's just  you who doesn't think the players respect him.

No proof, just a gut feeling.

Please explain how any team can get 102 points under a manager they 'don't respect'

What's the matter with folk? It must be weeks or months since i've said a bad word about Hughton.

I don't think it'll work, everyone knows my view. But he's proved himself to be a good fella and I don't want to be needlessly negative towards him or his management capabilities. Time to get behind him, until it's absolutely clear that it isn't working.

Please explain how any team can get 102 points under a manager they 'don't respect'

What's the matter with folk? It must be weeks or months since i've said a bad word about Hughton.

I don't think it'll work, everyone knows my view. But he's proved himself to be a good fella and I don't want to be needlessly negative towards him or his management capabilities. Time to get behind him, until it's absolutely clear that it isn't working.

O0

How do people rate S. Taylor at right back? Has he been given a run there before? I think it's definitely worth a go, with Colo and Williamson at centre back. Viable?

He's the best right-back at the club and it is his best position. He can get away with his poor marking when he plays there, plus he gets to be the Geordie hero he wants to be because he can bomb forward.

is the correct answer enough negativity time for deluded optimism

How do people rate S. Taylor at right back? Has he been given a run there before? I think it's definitely worth a go, with Colo and Williamson at centre back. Viable?

He's the best right-back at the club and it is his best position. He can get away with his poor marking when he plays there, plus he gets to be the Geordie hero he wants to be because he can bomb forward.

:lol:

That's a fair shout.  I'm nervous about Hughton in the Premiership, however I was skeptical he had it in him to get us promoted on first time of asking from the Championship.  He did that and won with over 100 points.  Premiership will be totally different and with limited or no funds, it's a tall ask for any manager in the world to keep us up.  I'm willing to give Hughton a chance though.

His hair has gone really white. Won't be long.

:laugh:

@Ronaldo ignore my last post I was drunkenly thinking of someone else who's name escapes me at the mo.

Accept my apologies if you will

If anyone rewally believes that Hughton doesnt have the respect of the players, then they have obviously missed thelast 12 months or so.

In my opinion, Hughton has been the one major shining light in this whole ridiculous situatioin we have found ourselves in since the Keegan affair, and I include Shearer in this assessment.

Hughtoin has taken a bunch of under achieving misfits, discarded those lacking in desire and moulded a team determined to right many wrongs from the relegation season. He has achieved much much more than anyone expected from him and for that alone, deserves the respect of all concerned.

His manner is one of a quiet achiever, much in the same way Roy Hodgson has managed at Fulham. He is not the hair dryer throwing cups at players the likes of Ferguson, the constant whinging of Wenger or the money hungry Redknapp but to me, I think considering the circumstances of the club, Hughton should be Manager of the Year for what he has achieved.

There is no doubting he has the respect of the players judging by his reception on achieving promotion and the fact that he is able to use senior players as a consultative committee is not a sign of weakness  at all, but astute player management. Belive you me, if players show the interest and desire to offer ideas that can ultimately increase pwerformance and resulkts, then a good manager will take those ideas on board and apportion credit where it is due..

Hughton has shown this in the past and far from being a weakness, it is a strrengthof character to be able tthe results required by using all good information available.

If anyone rewally believes that Hughton doesnt have the respect of the players, then they have obviously missed thelast 12 months or so.

In my opinion, Hughton has been the one major shining light in this whole ridiculous situatioin we have found ourselves in since the Keegan affair, and I include Shearer in this assessment.

Hughtoin has taken a bunch of under achieving misfits, discarded those lacking in desire and moulded a team determined to right many wrongs from the relegation season. He has achieved much much more than anyone expected from him and for that alone, deserves the respect of all concerned.

His manner is one of a quiet achiever, much in the same way Roy Hodgson has managed at Fulham. He is not the hair dryer throwing cups at players the likes of Ferguson, the constant whinging of Wenger or the money hungry Redknapp but to me, I think considering the circumstances of the club, Hughton should be Manager of the Year for what he has achieved.

There is no doubting he has the respect of the players judging by his reception on achieving promotion and the fact that he is able to use senior players as a consultative committee is not a sign of weakness  at all, but astute player management. Belive you me, if players show the interest and desire to offer ideas that can ultimately increase pwerformance and resulkts, then a good manager will take those ideas on board and apportion credit where it is due..

Hughton has shown this in the past and far from being a weakness, it is a strrengthof character to be able tthe results required by using all good information available.

Wow, anyone else just read that as 'Heroin' and get totally confused lol

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Wow, anyone else just read that as 'Heroin' and get totally confused lol

Nope.

There was an interview with Carroll in one of the programmes last season and he did actually say Nolan was the hardest worker in training so you never know.... :lol:

AC loves Kev IDST. They even went on there hols together.

Guest malandro

At the start of April Hughton said “The fact that we now know which division we’re going to be in gives us a head start”. Almost exactly two months later he’s saying “We’re just using the first few weeks of the summer to decide what we’re going to do”

Either he’s full of shit or Ashley is giving him the runaround.

The comments are probably unrelated, certainly in the sense you mean (ie, how to go about transfers).

He probably means (now) which freebies and loanees he's actually gonna go for, having begun identifying them earlier on.