The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I thought taking Ben Arfa off was a good idea, Jonas is decent defensively and can take pressure off the team when he carrys the ball. This is Ben Arfas 3rd game in English football. Stoke were coming back into it and we needed balance.

You lot boil my piss at times like. One week the guy's a f***ing messiah, the next week he should be sacked.

Have a word.

I'm consistent, I said last week against Everton that he is poor with his subs (should have taken Nolan off when Everton was pummeling us in the 2nd half). Same case again today with his bizzare subs.

I thought taking Ben Arfa off was a good idea, Jonas is decent defensively and can take pressure off the team when he carrys the ball. This is Ben Arfas 3rd game in English football. Stoke were coming back into it and we needed balance.

Then take Routledge off, who was useless today. Tiote is more than decent defensively, didn't stop him from coming off.

Nolan is untouchable, we don't know just how influential he is behind the scenes, but as usual he was fucking dire today. He is the player that should have been taken off.

You lot boil my piss at times like. One week the guy's a fucking messiah, the next week he should be sacked.

Have a word.

Who's saying he should be sacked?  ???

Don't take things so literally.

We let Stoke back into it with negative tactics after half time, he took HBA off so early because he wanted us to sit and protect our lead. You can't sit on a one nil-lead, it's suicide because if the other team scores, the momentum shifts and it's hard to recover that. As soon as that second half started, we didn't take it to them and it was a conscious decision, our players weren't moving forward and weren't looking to get at Stoke

You've got to like the man...and has definitely improved the side. Don't think anyones saying he completely inept though either but taking Tiote off and leaving an anonymous Nolan on. Tis' asking to be questioned. Pulis' changes definitely helped but its double jeopardy with that sort of thinking

You lot boil my piss at times like. One week the guy's a fucking messiah, the next week he should be sacked.

Have a word.

Being fair, the same could be said to you. :lol:

Then take Routledge off, who was useless today. Tiote is more than decent defensively, didn't stop him from coming off.

Nolan is untouchable, we don't know just how influential he is behind the scenes, but as usual he was f***ing dire today. He is the player that should have been taken off.

I agree with the second statement. Ben Arfa drifts in side a lot which when we are up against it isn't ideal, and leaves us open down our left. I can see why he did it, sadly it didn't pay off.

You've got to like the man...and has definitely improved the side. Don't think anyones saying he completely inept though either but taking Tiote off and leaving an anonymous Nolan on. Tis' asking to be questioned. Pulis' changes definitely helped but its double jeopardy with that sort of thinking

Taking off a defensive player and leaving on an offensive player when we need a goal. Shocking that like.

Think the blame can largely be attributed to the players, personally. We were too comfortable at half-time - no urgency.

Using Andy Carroll as a beanpole-Niall-Quinnesque front man is fucking stupid though and CH should have drilled it into our players at half-time to play it on the ground against Stoke. They've got a team full of hulking neanderthals with no pace - that's a bit of a clue as how to beat them tbh!

It's been a bizarre weekend of football, revenge of the "minnows" but we just lost to a really bad side.

Bit fucking angry, but it's Newcastle. It's so, so Newcastle. We're so desperately close to being a good side, but we're not.

Taking off a defensive player and leaving on an offensive player when we need a goal. Shocking that like.

Taking off a player playing well and having a positive influence on our play and leaving on an anonymous player. That's pretty pants.

Think the blame can largely be attributed to the players, personally. We were too comfortable at half-time - no urgency.

Using Andy Carroll as a beanpole-Niall-Quinnesque front man is fucking stupid though and CH should have drilled it into our players at half-time to play it on the ground against Stoke. They've got a team full of hulking neanderthals with no pace - that's a bit of a clue as how to beat them tbh!

It's been a bizarre weekend of football, revenge of the "minnows" but we just lost to a really bad side.

Bit fucking angry, but it's Newcastle. It's so, so Newcastle. We're so desperately close to being a good side, but we're not.

Good post, we did play in to Stokes hands by using one striker up front and trying to cross to him against a side that are strong and tall at the back.

Find it ridiculous that people can be so aggressively negative towards him. It's only one game, and even if you don't think he's the right man to bring us forward at least show some respect. We'd still be in the Championship had he not saved our arses last year. He's hardly been a disaster this season either.

Also find it a bit weird that others are out to defend what went on today. He made a royal mess of things. Doesn't mean he's shit or anything, but no harm in acknowledging it.

Needs to have a rethink for Wigan. At home the onus is on us and we need to start going for it, opening teams up, creating chances and scoring goals.

Have a word.

Being fair, the same could be said to you. :lol:

Well... Not really. :-/ My point was regarding the extremes that are drawn in knee-jerk after every match... I'm aware that nobody is LITERALLY calling for him to be sacked. I've already explained why I felt the Ben Arfa substitution wasn't as stupid as people are making out, reactions like "Hughton: fuck off!!!" to a decision that was, in my opinion, more enforced (fitness) than tactical, are cringeworthy as fuck.

Behave. Nolan was offensive today in the sense that he is playing off the striker and not much else. I dont think you take you're players who are playing well off full stop tbh unless you have to