The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The fact is your all trusting NUFC and board statements, need I go into the past to see how many of these have been found to be just PR exercises to appease the fans.

eh???

what am i believing??

they are giving themselves time to see how we do, as we should. the statment says they'll renegotiate at end of year.

if we're doing s****, they wont.

what are you getting at exactly?

I just don't believe the statement about them going into negotiations at end of the year, think they'll use excuse's to put it off till end of the season.

End of the year = end of the season IMO, not calender year.

The fact is your all trusting NUFC and board statements, need I go into the past to see how many of these have been found to be just PR exercises to appease the fans.

eh???

what am i believing??

they are giving themselves time to see how we do, as we should. the statment says they'll renegotiate at end of year.

I just don't believe the statement about them going into negotiations at end of the year, think they'll use excuse's to put it off till end of the season.

If we're doing well and looking comfortable in January, he'll get a new contract. If we're struggling and not doing well, he'll not be offered it. What's wrong with that?

Guest neesy111

Statement: 'Chris is our manager, he will remain our manager, we will renegotiate his deal at the end of the year'. Good.

SO what are the "more questions than answers" in that? :lol:

The End of Year part, still over 2 months away.  Why not this year.

To see how we're doing?

Exactly, if they trusted Hughton now they would give him new contract now, or be in talks with him. (Remember december is a very busy Football month as well).

They've given themselves time, for if things go tit's up before the January transfer window.

surely thats a good thing???

what is your point here exactly?

It is a good thing, but it's the club not 100% backing Hughton imo.

if its a good thing, why do you want them to give him a new deal now?

Tbf, I've crossed my points. Apologies.

If they want Hughton 100% they should give him a contract now.

If they are unsure of how things are going, they will say contract negotiations will be in the future imo, the statement falls into the latter.

eh???

what am i believing??

and you dont want them to i take it?

tell me, what do you want the club to do.

before you said give him a new deal now, then you said its a good thing that we are waiting to see how we do (as mentioned, is the most sensible thing to do).

which is it? how would you like the club to have reacted to tonights rumours? where are the holes in the statement?

you've nee clue man.

Guest Heneage

Storm in a teacup, I find it hilarious that Hughton who's side currently sit 9th is under more pressure than Mick McCarthy & Avram Grant who's teams are 19th and 20th respectively.

Statement: 'Chris is our manager, he will remain our manager, we will renegotiate his deal at the end of the year'. Good.

To see how we're doing?

Exactly, if they trusted Hughton now they would give him new contract now, or be in talks with him. (Remember december is a very busy Football month as well).

They've given themselves time, for if things go tit's up before the January transfer window.

If they are unsure of how things are going, they will say contract negotiations will be in the future imo, the statement falls into the latter.

fair enough :thup:

what am i believing??

Give over man, relax a bit.  You'll burst your shirt with all this stress

Storm in a teacup, I find it hilarious that Hughton who's side currently sit 9th is under more pressure than Mick McCarthy & Avram Grant who's teams are 19th and 20th respectively.

only media pressure tbf. i dont think its coming from the board, and it certainly isn't coming from the fans.

if its possible, im even more desperate to turn the unwashed over now.

Guest neesy111

To see how we're doing?

fair enough :thup:

That make things clearer?

That statement is hardly convincing (well, the 3 lines I've seen from BBC). From that, the hierarchy are hardly giving them their full backing. Surely, they could have been more resounding in their backing?

Of course, it's totally laughable there is any talk of him being relieved of his duties. Just, the club could had the opportunity to 100% quash rumours there and give no possible bait for the media.

only media pressure tbf. i dont think its coming from the board, and it certainly isn't coming from the fans.

Can see it now:

"Pressure piles on Hughton after Newcastle struggle to a disappointing 3-0 victory"

That statement is hardly convincing (well, the 3 lines I've seen from BBC). From that, the hierarchy are hardly giving them their full backing. Surely, they could have been more resounding in their backing?

Of course, it's totally laughable there is any talk of him being relieved of his duties. Just, the club could had the opportunity to 100% quash rumours there.

Without putting 'yous are all talking shite' I don't know what else they can do other than give him a new contract now. Which they're right not to.

Of course, it's totally laughable there is any talk of him being relieved of his duties. Just, the club could had the opportunity to 100% quash rumours there.

Without putting 'yous are all talking shite' I don't know what else they can do other than give him a new contract now. Which they're right not to.

I'd like to see the first option, personally.

can you elaborate on how they could have been more resounding?

chris is our manager, he will remain or manager.

how more resounding can you be?

What if we then lose the next 6 in a row and they have little choice but to bin him?

Guest Heneage

Ergo my point, it shows how retarded the British press are that they try to pile pressure on a manger who has his promoted side sitting in 9th.

Without putting 'yous are all talking s****' I don't know what else they can do other than give him a new contract now. Which they're right not to.

so would i, in fact it would be my first choice of words when they're fucking about making up shit

The Daily Mail must be fucking pissing themselves at all this btw. Aren't they still banned from SJP? They started it all with that cretinous, baseless piece about Coloccini's goal saving Hughton's job.

can you elaborate on how they could have been more resounding?

chris is our manager, he will remain or manager.

how more resounding can you be?

The bit in between "he is our manager" and "he will continue to be our manager" - I'd have thought they'd come out with something along the lines of "he has our unequivocal backing and we are delighted with the job he is doing." The media will no doubt turn this into a little shade of doubt, then stretch it, pick up on any negative result and use it as pressure suddenly being on Hughton. 

The Daily Mail must be fucking pissing themselves at all this btw. Aren't they still banned from SJP? They started it all with that cretinous, baseless piece about Coloccini's goal saving Hughton's job.

yup and another purveyor of the shite mr oliver is also banned, coincidence i think not