The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You can't be serious.

Just in case you are:

http://www.poppy.org.uk/

Cheers.  :thup:

And I was serious, I didn't know that. I've never seen anyone wearing a poppy in my country so I was asking myself this.

In the UK, if you're any kind of public figure, you simply have to wear one around this time of year. If you don't, people may slag you off for being unpatriotic, dissing the people who died for their country, being a heartless communist twat etc. If the Sun or Daily Mail is looking for a reason to lay into you, for example, this will be their opportunity.

Naturally you do not wear them in Germany.

Last weekend, I went to look at the British World War I cemetery outside Berlin. (Surprisingly, there is one.) There were no poppies in view, but many red roses.

You can't be serious.

Just in case you are:

http://www.poppy.org.uk/

Cheers.  :thup:

And I was serious, I didn't know that. I've never seen anyone wearing a poppy in my country so I was asking myself this.

In the UK, if you're any kind of public figure, you simply have to wear one around this time of year. If you don't, people may slag you off for being unpatriotic, dissing the people who died for their country, being a heartless communist twat etc. If the Sun or Daily Mail is looking for a reason to lay into you, for example, this will be their opportunity.

Naturally you do not wear them in Germany.

Last weekend, I went to look at the British World War I cemetery outside Berlin. (Surprisingly, there is one.) There were no poppies in view, but many red roses.

You forgot to add that if public figures wear them too early they get slagged off too!

Getting rid of Hughton now would have the same effect of getting rid of Keegan two years back.

Not that I think it'll happen, but it would have the absolute same effect - with the same outcome, which means relegation.

Guest Haris Vuckic

What the fuck has Pardew ever done, really?

Hughton has eclipsed the achievements of most of the touted replacements. That said it's not something we should even have to talk about, the press same unable to let us get on with it and get steady.

Point 3 is utter bollocks like. He couldn't have been more self-less in his interviews.

If any of that stuff in Golfmag's post is true then MA is clearly as thick as shyte in a bucket - so point 3 has as much chance of being true as the rest of it.

You've got to hope that this is some sort of crap invented by the media. But with MA's track record I, for one, don't feel at all sure that he has learned his lessons and won't throw us back into complete chaos yet again.

Guys I think most of the points are bollocks too. My source could be lying too but it's a legal source and it is directly engaged by one of the parties I mention. Please don't make me say any more!!

:lol:

Talking complete and utter bollocks by the sounds of it!

Does he have a history of ITK?

Guys I think most of the points are bollocks too. My source could be lying too but it's a legal source and it is directly engaged by one of the parties I mention. Please don't make me say any more!!

I believe that you're only repeating what you've been told, I don't believe what you've been told though.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I've just seen Chris and Mike coming out of Tilleys and they reckon everythings fine.

Kaka was there too, make of that what you will.

paying off hughton (however small the amount) and employing pardew on what he would likely be demanding does not make financial sense, especially if it upsets the punters and players and the club plumits towards relegation in the resultant mess. no sense in that at any level even for MA. none whatsoever. it may possibly have been considered an option  after failing to win at home in 3 but  again a bit unlikely.

Hopefully it's just a load of nonsensical bullshit because that's what it is on paper. If they throw Chris to the kerb, I'd probably be more angered than I was when Keegan left. I wish they'd just let the man get on with doing the good, no, great job he's been doing.