The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Think we are right not rushing into this. We do need to make a decision on whether he is the right man for the next three years, and the next few months are the test. Signs are promising that he'll exceed expectations, and if he does I can't wait for him to sign in the new year.

What length contract would people like to see him given? And on what kind of wedge?

Rolling contract like Sir Bob used to have. Not really sure what wedge managers get but something along the lines of Coyle/Martinez is on would seem fair.

It's just you.

No it's not, my friends and I noticed it and everyone at work was talking about it today. 

It's only you who didn't notice it.

Sarcasm, my friend.

I will accept the whoosh then.  :lol:

Hughton to spurs has been on my mind since redknapp has bin whoring himself for the England job, only doubt is spurs fans reaction to him, always seen him as a joke at management level, clipboard Chris etc...and his name won't be big enough for them, they'll want and expect mourinho after droopy.

What's the possession stats for this season? I'm pretty sure we've only had one game when we have seen less of the ball than the opposition and that was Man Utd on the first day.

Anyone know if this is true?

Henry Winter saying Spurs should go for him if 'arry goes for the England job.

Was thinking this last night. Will be a couple of years yet.

Aye, will be a couple of years before we tell them to get their filthy hands off Chris Hughton MBE, our trophy-winning manager!

???

I definitely think it's too early for a club like Spurs to come in for Hughton. But if Ashley messes this up, he won't have trouble finding another job and I'm sure he realizes this.

Still, I can't help but feel that Chris is a reasonable person and all this contract talk is just a tempest in a teapot.

I definitely think it's too early for a club like Spurs to come in for Hughton. But if Ashley messes this up, he won't have trouble finding another job and I'm sure he realizes this.

Still, I can't help but feel that Chris is a reasonable person and all this contract talk is just a tempest in a teapot.

Nice phrase, I'll steal that.

And you're right, there's no way that Ashley has pissed off Hughton to the point that he would walk out. It's a nothing story.

The contract is a nothing story, and Spurs wouldn't come in for Hughton if twitchy leaves soon. Maybe a few years down the line if he really proves himself long-term, but nothing to worry about yet.