Sam Allardyce

Thespence

He is good at making poor teams functional and is a safe bet for a team struggling who just wants to stay in the league by any means necessary. There's no point making out like he isn't.

But for all the people elsewhere I've seen saying his style might make us hard to beat and get through the tournament - just look at his cup record. Never even got to a final as far as I'm aware, at least even Bruce and Redknapp have some that. Even Sherwood.

Guest Howaythetoon

To be fair when it comes to cups, he has often been managing clubs where staying up has been the number one priority so cups go out of the window. I wouldn't look at his record in cups and conclude anything by it. I think he will be an utter disaster for England personally mind which will hopefully signal the death bed for him and his 'brand' of football. He did really well at Bolton and then joined us where he just didn't progress, it's been backwards all the way since. He's a coward because he has some of the skill set to do much better but it's safety first all the way literally.

Yeah that's fair I suppose, but even when in a comfortable position come January he hasn't got his teams anywhere.

Actually for his remit think he did a decent enough job at Blackburn West Ham and Sunderland. He did what he was employed for but can't take teams any further.

He's a dick and extremely limited but if your team was shite and your life depended on surviving relegation after barely scraping 17th the year before, letting him buy his players and play his awful football would probably be one of your best shots out of the lower managers available.

Which is all completely irrelevant to the England job.

England are about the level of West Ham when he left in terms of European teams.

We are about 10th give or take a few in Europe in terms of talent, but need someone to actually take us on.

He got them up and made them solid but the next step aas beyond him. That's not what he's built a carreer out of so all the talk of his experience means nothing.

It's like getting a mechanical repairs expert to actually design a completely new submarine because of his 'years of experience'.

He is good at making poor teams functional and is a safe bet for a team struggling who just wants to stay in the league by any means necessary. There's no point making out like he isn't.

But for all the people elsewhere I've seen saying his style might make us hard to beat and get through the tournament - just look at his cup record. Never even got to a final as far as I'm aware, at least even Bruce and Redknapp have some that. Even Sherwood.

Reached the league cup final with Bolton.

What would be a success for him though? The problem is nobody knows how good England actually are at the moment. Where should they be competing in major tournaments? Would a quarter final place be a success? I think it probably would be seen as one, especially with the recent record in tournaments.

I think Fat Sam is probably good enough to scrap us to a quarter final or two, playing the bland football that he does. Does this mean we'll be stuck watching if for the foreseeable future?

Hypothetically World Cup qf about par, second round dissappointing, group outing complete failure.

It completely depends on the draw. Top the group and go out in the second round to Germany is better than second, beating a minnow then going out to an average team in the quarters.

Guest chopey

Big sam is the best man to take us to Russia, I for one will be watching from the safety of my sofa with the doors locked