Sam Allardyce

Thespence

I still think he's the right appointment, I just hope he gets the right reaction from the players.

How can you think hiring a shit manager is the right appointment?

I'm prepared to see how it goes. The lack of experience at the top end of the league and European football means he wouldn't have been my choice, but the England job has defeated much more glamorous candidates like Capello and Eriksson. Allardyce will be something different.

I was pleased to hear him say he was looking for players who were flexible in the roles they can play. That was a problem this summer, with players like Sterling and Sturridge unable to adapt to what was going on around them.

We will qualifying out of the group stage and go out to a single goal or he will crawl to penalties and go out. Our actual attacking options will be garbage.

Fat man, on the world stage  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm prepared to see how it goes. The lack of experience at the top end of the league and European football means he wouldn't have been my choice, but the England job has defeated much more glamorous candidates like Capello and Eriksson. Allardyce will be something different.

I was pleased to hear him say he was looking for players who were flexible in the roles they can play. That was a problem this summer, with players like Sterling and Sturridge unable to adapt to what was going on around them.

this really wasn't the fucking problem like

I still think he's the right appointment, I just hope he gets the right reaction from the players.

How can you think hiring a shit manager is the right appointment?

Fearing that the players will not react well to the new manager is a flawed expectation to begin with. That is what a manager's job description is all about, moulding players into his philosophy and getting them onboard. If he doesn't do it then he's not much of a manager.

How can you think hiring a s*** manager is the right appointment?

Fearing that the players will not react well to the new manager is a flawed expectation to begin with. That is what a manager's job description is all about, moulding players into his philosophy and getting them onboard. If he doesn't do it then he's not much of a manager.

Contrary to popular opinion I don't think he's a bad manager, there are plenty of other managers that are significantly worse. Not saying he's great by any stretch of the imagination. I think we needed a manager who can say it like it is and work with limited players, which we seem to have in abundance. Only a couple actually seem to me to be decent enough to fight for a spot in a top European club.

We've tried decorated foreign managers (Sven, Capello), home grown managers with European experience (Hodgson), promoting from within (McClaren), and gone with the popularist choice (Keegan) and I would say all had caused England to under-perform with the players they had at their disposal. The closest appointment I can make to this is Graham Taylor, but even then he had nowhere near as much top level experience as Allardyce does.

I was worried about the player's perception of him and how it will influence their performances and effort. If they just feel he's working above his station and they 'deserve better', there's not a lot he's going to be able to do to change that other than drop them and hope for a reaction.

Contrary to popular opinion I don't think he's a bad manager, there are plenty of other managers that are significantly worse. Not saying he's great by any stretch of the imagination. I think we needed a manager who can say it like it is and work with limited players, which we seem to have in abundance. Only a couple actually seem to me to be decent enough to fight for a spot in a top European club.

We've tried decorated foreign managers (Sven, Capello), home grown managers with European experience (Hodgson), promoting from within (McClaren), and gone with the popularist choice (Keegan) and I would say all had caused England to under-perform with the players they had at their disposal. The closest appointment I can make to this is Graham Taylor, but even then he had nowhere near as much top level experience as Allardyce does.

I was worried about the player's perception of him and how it will influence their performances and effort. If they just feel he's working above his station and they 'deserve better', there's not a lot he's going to be able to do to change that other than drop them and hope for a reaction.

If a manager as big headed as Sam can't get the players to buy in, then he can't blame the players. Just pick some different ones. His whole public trumpeting of his own abilities means he has to be able to deliver without looking for any excuses. If he is as good as he claims he is, then he doesn't need to beg for players for co-operation. The best managers command respect because they know they can deliver and that's picked up by the players pretty quickly. Just look at Rafa at Newcastle.

If a manager as big headed as Sam can't get the players to buy in, then he can't blame the players. Just pick some different ones. His whole public trumpeting of his own abilities means he has to be able to deliver without looking for any excuses. If he is as good as he claims he is, then he doesn't need to beg for players for co-operation. The best managers command respect because they know they can deliver and that's picked up by the players pretty quickly. Just look at Rafa at Newcastle.

Perhaps he needs to trumpet his abilities to try get the respect of the players, remembering how thick as mince 95% of them are.

I think it boils down to the opinion of our players - if you rate them, then a better calibre manager should be able to deliver better results, i.e. Pep, Rafa, Conte etc. And I would understand completely why people would be disillusioned with Allardyce in this regard.

However, I think most of our team is overrated toilet, and a player base like this I think a manager who is used to working with toilet would be the right way to go which is why I think Allardyce is the right person at this moment in time. The problem I was alluding to is if the players just don't want to work for the manager, there's not much he can do, see Chelsea under Mourinho last season. Yes he can drop them, but the fallout he'd get in the media would be hysterical if he dropped any of their darlings.

Perhaps he needs to trumpet his abilities to try get the respect of the players, remembering how thick as mince 95% of them are.

I think it boils down to the opinion of our players - if you rate them, then a better calibre manager should be able to deliver better results, i.e. Pep, Rafa, Conte etc. And I would understand completely why people would be disillusioned with Allardyce in this regard.

However, I think most of our team is overrated toilet, and a player base like this I think a manager who is used to working with toilet would be the right way to go which is why I think Allardyce is the right person at this moment in time. The problem I was alluding to is if the players just don't want to work for the manager, there's not much he can do, see Chelsea under Mourinho last season. Yes he can drop them, but the fallout he'd get in the media would be hysterical if he dropped any of their darlings.

On the other hand, when he was at Newcastle, the players never really took to his methods and we looked awful. Yet the same players under Keegan were transformed into a slick passing football team, which Allardyce insisted was impossible to do with the same resources. With England, he will have the opportunity to use the players to fit his system. At Newcastle he was humping long balls in the direction of Michael Owen and it wasn't a great plan. At least this time he can pick Andy Carroll or the nearest player of his type. No excuses.

On the other hand, when he was at Newcastle, the players never really took to his methods and we looked awful. Yet the same players under Keegan were transformed into a slick passing football team, which Allardyce insisted was impossible to do with the same resources. With England, he will have the opportunity to use the players to fit his system. At Newcastle he was humping long balls in the direction of Michael Owen and it wasn't a great plan. At least this time he can pick Andy Carroll or the nearest player of his type. No excuses.

I'm not disagreeing with that - he clearly picked the wrong system for the players and Allardyce 'football' was utterly dreadful at Newcastle. I agree he didn't have a clue how to get us playing to our potential. I think I covered myself in this regard when I said it comes down the quality of the players in the team. The team Allardyce had I thought was better than him, just to pick out a few he had - Viduka, Barton, Beye, Milner, Owen, Martins and at a stretch Enrique and Emre - could have been playing for teams better than Newcastle imo. I would say Allardyce was the wrong manager for us at that time and I was happy when he was got shot off, and ecstatic when Keegan was appointed and it didn't take long for him to make us look very dangerous.

I suppose my opinion hinges on his ability to transfer his 'skills' to the international stage, the world of international football isn't blessed with top-rate managers and I don't think Allardyce would be out of his depth in this regard.

Perhaps he's doomed to failure from the outset, if he picks a system that doesn't work for the players he has, like at Newcastle, it's going to be curtains early doors.

Guest firetotheworks

Never had top players. :lol: He's had top money, they just wouldn't have signed to play under the insufferable dinosaur.

Guest firetotheworks

WHAT THE FUCK WHY ISN'T ANYONE LISTENING TO WHAT THEY ARE FUCKING SAYING

:lol: 'That's why he hasn't won trophies'

Is that also why he's constantly battling relegation as well? I love this being said just after Leicester as well. They know that he's shite man, they just can't bring themselves to say it.

Well if he picks players in form for there clubs in there best positions who knows what might happen. It's not very promising however that he's talking about picking Rooney in whatever position he's played by Man Utd this season. If Rooney is still England's best forward we are definitely fucked.

WHAT THE FUCK WHY ISN'T ANYONE LISTENING TO WHAT THEY ARE FUCKING SAYING

:lol: "He's never had great players."

Ten seconds later:

"Listen to the players he's worked with-and he's had some top players..."

:lol: Oh, mercy.

WHAT THE f*** WHY ISN'T ANYONE LISTENING TO WHAT THEY ARE f***ing SAYING

:lol: "He's never had great players."

Ten seconds later:

"Listen to the players he's worked with-and he's had some top players..."

:lol: Oh, mercy.

:lol: THIS! :lol:

Sorry to say lads, but the English haven't a fucking dickie bird about football in the vast majority. It's disgraceful really. Making excuses to shower SAM FUCKING ALLARDYCE with platitudes. Hilarious :lol:

• 1 year later...