Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Guest firetotheworks

Like i said he's not BAD, its just that we have a better player in Steven Taylor on the bench.

Just waiting for the punchline.

Guest firetotheworks

Like i said he's not BAD, its just that we have a better player in Steven Taylor on the bench.

Just waiting for the punchline.

The Taylor hate here is really pathetic :lol:

It's my personal opinion, as I assume it is with everyone else. I don't think he's as bad, or as good as some people make on, but I certainly don't think he's better than Williamson, or even as good as him.

Truly staggering that people so easily overlook how well Taylor played in the first half of last season - and that Williamson was only bought because he got injured.

Most are going off how average he's been in the Premiership when played at centre half.

Guest firetotheworks

Truly staggering that people so easily overlook how well Taylor played in the first half of last season - and that Williamson was only bought because he got injured.

Taylor has had a fair few years in the Premier League, and yet I've still been more impressed with Williamson over the last few months, which says it all for me.

Taylor has had a fair few years in the Premier League, and yet I've still been more impressed with Williamson over the last few months, which says it all for me.

He's certainly more calm than Taylor ever has been. Who knows - maybe all of this time out will have done Taylor the world of good, as he'll have been able to reflect on what he needs to do to improve his game. Plus, he must know by now he's far from the Geordie hero he likes to portray.

Most are going off how average he's been in the Premiership when played at centre half.

Taylor was probably as good as Colo in the first of last season, or if not, very close.  And before this season Colo hadn't proven himself in the PL either.

I'd go Williamson-Campbell against Chelsea. Taylor has done absolutely nothing to justify a start.

except always look a decent standrad premier centre half, something the jury is still out on with williamson.

Is it? Williamson looks like a steady Premier League centre half to me. Certianly has more composure than Taylor.