Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He's as slow as defenders come, man. To say he has no glaring weaknesses is daft. He's also weak and very, very poor on the ball.

Just about everyone bar Colocho agrees that he was an absolute bargain. As for it being a 'great' partnership, we all know better.

f***ing hell man :rolleyes: :lol:

What exactly do you disagree with? Or have you just had another s*** week stocking shelves and want exact retribution on society through antagonizing folk on here. Grow up.

Wrong, wrong and wrong. But nice try :aww: Good on you making it personal too :thup:

I disagree with the lot. I think your opinions on Williamson are extremely harsh. I don't think he's poor on the ball at all. And he's as 'weak' as Coloccini is.

They compliment each other quite well. Colo is quick and skillfull, Williamson is stronger and more of a 'classic defender' = good partnership.

I wouldn't say Williamson is very strong tbh, he's pretty weak actually. I maintain he's a steady/average defender who knows his limitations but is usually pretty solid and dependable.

He's as slow as defenders come, man. To say he has no glaring weaknesses is daft. He's also weak and very, very poor on the ball.

Just about everyone bar Colocho agrees that he was an absolute bargain. As for it being a 'great' partnership, we all know better.

f***ing hell man :rolleyes: :lol:

What exactly do you disagree with? Or have you just had another s*** week stocking shelves and want exact retribution on society through antagonizing folk on here. Grow up.

I agree with Ronaldo on this Williamson thing. Honestly, I think Ronaldo's being to fair on Williamson because hes s*** (Williamson).

Thank you.

He may be s***, but he's an absolute bargain.

For the fee we got him for (£2 mil???), he's a real bargain as he's an average defender who can cope in the Premier League against lesser teams.

However, there is no way this guy is the answer for us if we want to develop. I wouldn't complain of having a player like him on the bench. I just don't think he should start for a team like us who wants to stay in  the Premiership.

His first mistake was nutting Elmander, up until then he's been a good player and an absolute steal for what we paid.

Agreed, well most part. He's made some mistakes here and there but nothing compared to some of the stuff we've seen over the years from Newcastle CB's.

For what we paid he's been a cracking signing. Hopefully the sit out refocuses his game and keeps on improving.

The fee is a double-edged sword for him; because he was cheap it's easy to point the finger when he makes a mistake. We've witnessed the opposite with numerous expensive flops over the years. Still happens now in fact.

I don't care if players have been bought for a £100 million or £500k. If they don't perform at the level they should than I will point the finger at them. Williamson hasn't made ONE mistake. He's made many, but then again so has every central defender. My problem with him is that he gets dirty with shirt tugging and using his elbows and so on which might cost him more suspensions than this one, he's been very lucky to escape many bookings this season. And it's mostly his lack of pace that is the reason for this getting on the wrong end of strikers.

The fee is a double-edged sword for him; because he was cheap it's easy to point the finger when he makes a mistake. We've witnessed the opposite with numerous expensive flops over the years. Still happens now in fact.

Exactly.

He's a "steady Eddy" if you will. The only thing that concerns me is he needs to toughen up a bit, he can be a bit of a tart at times. Which is quite worrying for a centre half of his size playing Premier League football.

Exactly.

He's a "steady Eddy" if you will. The only thing that concerns me is he needs to toughen up a bit, he can be a bit of a tart at times. Which is quite worrying for a centre half of his size playing Premier League football.

He already looks mentally tough to me. He's not the greatest athlete, but he makes up for that in terms of his attitude and street wisdom. It's like he's had to wait a long time to play at the top level, and he's not going to give the chance up easily.

Sure the reported fee was more around £1 million. Which is a total steal tbh.

For someone who couldn't get a game for Portsmouth? Wake up.

Didn't he not play for Portsmouth because they'd have had to have paid an extra instalment on the deal they did for him with Watford?

Didn't he not play for Portsmouth because they'd have had to have paid an extra instalment on the deal they did for him with Watford?

Aye they couldn't afford to trigger the remaining fee by him playing, hence, he never got a game - to me he is a slightly better version of andy o'brien - he has done ok and before the recent problems he was part of a very efficient defensive unit - good team man but nee franco baresi - type of player you need in a squad

:lol:

Exactly.

He already looks mentally tough to me. He's not the greatest athlete, but he makes up for that in terms of his attitude and street wisdom. It's like he's had to wait a long time to play at the top level, and he's not going to give the chance up easily.

You should be a PR agent, an unemployed PR agent.

Exactly.

You should be a PR agent, an unemployed PR agent.

I see Carroll scored today.

You really are clued out.

How can you expect to be taken seriously when you know so little.

Unless you are a WUM - in which case, well done.