Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Good, solid, consistent player. Helps that he's playing alongside one of the best CBs we've ever had, like. :D

Forgot how good Williamson is during his time out, a mixture of Taylor playing so well and not seeing Mike kick a ball for months made me forget how useful he is. Will never be one of the best defenders in the league but is very solid and a good foil for the more skilful Colo.

Solid defender really. Looks like his understanding with Colo is still there which can only benefit us in the long run.

Our defence now has the foundations to become as solid as it did in the early part of this season imo.

very tidy tonight and really quick to get back into the swing of things when you think how long he was out.

not that i want colo to go or anything but i think williamson and saylor wouldn't make too bad a partnership, not better than either with colo, but i wouldn't be worrying if those two had to play together.

Pards clearly rates him higher than Taylor judging by his full strength comments tonight.

Pardew said something along the lines of "We probably put out the best team from what we had available" so I wouldn't look too much into it.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Pards clearly rates him higher than Taylor judging by his full strength comments tonight.

Pardew said something along the lines of "We probably put out the best team from what we had available" so I wouldn't look too much into it.

Nah on SKY he didn't mention availability. Even the guys in the studio took the piss out of Taylor for it.

Full credit to Williamson and the physios that he's come straight into the team, during an injury 'crisis', after 3-4months out and managed to slot straight back into the team with only half a (very leggy) reserve game under his belt.

Hasn't suffered any recurrences of his previous injury (touch wood) and for the last couple of games he's looked back to full health.

A pleasant change from the 'bad' old days of rushing players back too soon for them to hobble back into the treatment room.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's a decent no frills defender. Love that he always communicates with his team-mates and even barks a few orders which was evident all game today. He was constantly telling Simpson to push up a bit which helped Simpson, he was basically saying me and Colo and Abeid have things covered, you get on your bike. Good reader of the game which for a defender always helps.